Air bag helper springs

Benc

Explorer
Mounted some air bags this afternoon to help with the swing out sag. Ordered them online and built some brackets to fit my truck. I left the bottom of the air bag free to allow full droop. The truck rides much better and it should help my springs last longer. I'm not sure how they will hold up off road but for $70 I figured I would give them a try.
etajaqeg.jpg
ajadaze6.jpg
avateveq.jpg
uveda6es.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlandon

Get Dirty.
I just installed an 18 gallon auxiliary tank in my taco. I have a set of F150 springs in the rear (4+1). I hadn't filled the tank and had my gear in it at the same time. She got heavy and the rear was about .5" away from the bumpstop. Shackles were at an 85* angle. I made the decision to go airbags when I got home...

I like your setup. Simple. Did you plumb them together or individually?

Edit: Now all the photos load... individually, I like it to... simple.

Benc

Explorer
Thanks, sorry no build thread.
I'm going to wheeling today so I'll let you guys know how they work on the trail

Benc

Explorer
Tried out the air bags off road this weekend. I went down to the first creek crossing on fordyce trail. They made it through with no problems. They also work out good for Rtt levelers. I didn't get much pics this time but here are a few
zady9a6u.jpg
adyvyhuq.jpg
asyba4ud.jpg

the kid

Juke Box Hero
i like those bags, they look heavy duty, they remind me of something id see on the back of a semi/tractor. i have a set of the firestone bags in the back of my runner for heavy loads, and they really help a lot. im glad i went with them over the air lift bags, as they are a full length bag, and dont have the big 2.5" filler spacer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears