Air Bag Mod.

brian90744

American Trekker
Normally the Air Bag is one piece & ties the frame and springs as a unit, However when off roading sometime the rear wheels are restricted by the length of the airbag, today I installed Daystar Air Bag Cradle which cycles Up & down by not being attached to the airbag. It may save Air Bag damage. I picked it up at 4 wheel Parts (Socal) $67.00.

Attachments

• cradle2.jpg
    cradle2.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 25
  • cradle 1.jpg
    cradle 1.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Let us know how you like it. I wanted to make something like this with my f150 a couple years ago but ended up selling the truck anyway.

SuperCal

Adventurer
I put those on my F-150 last year and am very happy I did. They allow the suspension to stretch out without damaging the airbags. I havent noticed any negative effects at all so highly recommend them.

brian90744

American Trekker
Spring droop

Thanks to (Jack) @ Locrwin Chevy with FWC post, this is what spring droop with no Air Bags looks like. AirBags with the cradle would look the same. Shock length and springs are the only restriction.
Just FYI=brian

Attachments

• spring droop.jpg
    spring droop.jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
That's a very functional upgrade for you guys.
I'm running Carli's long travel airbags on mine at a very steep cost.

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
How do these do w/ dust, dirt, rocks and/or snow? I'm interested in the idea but concerned about wear where the cradle and airbags meet.

-Chris

brian90744

American Trekker
I would guess the only time the air bag leaves the cradle is when the wheel droops, same wear as stock. you could contact Daystar for more info.
thanks=brian

How do these do w/ dust, dirt, rocks and/or snow? I'm interested in the idea but concerned about wear where the cradle and airbags meet.

-Chris

brian90744

American Trekker
Weight should be the same as stock, this is just a cup to hold the air bag. most airbags for full size trucks are 5000lbs are for leveling not to excess GVW. Note: Stock the air bag mount is bolted to the spring. please contact Daystar for more info.
again thanks=brian

How about weight rating?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online