Air Coil failed (not mine)

Blaise

If my 275/65's would fit with out them, I would pull mine off. But the truck came with a new set of KO2's when I bought it and I'm not getting new tires till I have too... But I do agree with you on the no lift on an LR3, and you done need one to explore in these truck.

How much of a lift do you need for them to clear? Dial it back down to the minimum. You'll enjoy the articulation. I posted this on another thread but stock off road height is a 50/50 bump/droop and a +25mm lift is 60/40 which is general the farthest you wanna go. I run 265/65s and barely rub with no lift so you should be fine with +25mm or less.

Carson G

How much of a lift do you need for them to clear? Dial it back down to the minimum. You'll enjoy the articulation. I posted this on another thread but stock off road height is a 50/50 bump/droop and a +25mm lift is 60/40 which is general the farthest you wanna go. I run 265/65s and barely rub with no lift so you should be fine with +25mm or less.
That’s why I’m going to do 265/70-17 on mine and maybe a slight lift with the GAP tool.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I am completely comfortable doing maniacal work on my truck, I'm a little scared of messing with the computer especially because I don't have the BT DII so I have to use the little screen on the dash. I wouldn't even know where to start. That's why I just left he Rods on.

I'm not up on this, why are the Arnotts bad? Or what is the failure mode?

Arnotts from my research have had high failure rates to include shock mount failure; I'm no expert on these but I've see no less than 4 Arnott failures on this forum alone and that to me is a trend; there are a few others on other forums. I almost purchased a set about 1.5 years back and then I saw the shock eyelet failure (could have been lift related as well) but I was immediately turned off by them. Coupled with what you and I agree on with excessive all-time lift, Arnotts are not for me.

KMET

Adventurer
So there’s always a lot to talk about air Struts vs coils on here and everyone always "says" point to a time air strut failing (that could not be saved with a DII or a bumpstop ride. Check out @expoditonamerica on Instagram today for updates.
But I don't think he not going to use a DII to get this back off the trail in Moab.
I will not feel bad when I go to Coils at all, because this is the kind of stuff that happens to me

View attachment 589013

Good for you!

Pay no attention to these naysayers. Your truck, your money, your choice!

soflorovers

Arnotts from my research have had high failure rates to include shock mount failure; I'm no expert on these but I've see no less than 4 Arnott failures on this forum alone and that to me is a trend; there are a few others on other forums. I almost purchased a set about 1.5 years back and then I saw the shock eyelet failure (could have been lift related as well) but I was immediately turned off by them. Coupled with what you and I agree on with excessive all-time lift, Arnotts are not for me.
Apparently this issue (lower mounting point sheering off) was rectified with an updated design. Still, I'd avoid them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman