Air-con compressor

Turtle59

Intrepid Wanderer
G'day blokes

Well as it turns out I need a new air con compressor and receiver/dryer.

Anyone got any leads on new compressors or where I should go to purchase one around BrisVegas?

Any advice is good advice

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi,
There is a few places you could try.
But first get the number off the old unit and the then try Ashdown ph32778633) or Cooldrive ph 3623 2133, those two would be a good start.

Regards Pete and Kel

Turtle59

Intrepid Wanderer
well I had the royal run around with trying to get a new compressor for my truck. Ashdowns tell me they don't carry a replacement for this vehicle.

Cooldrive told me they had one on the shelf, so went all the way out to Eagle Farm only to find out that the one they had was for a 24v truck and they wouldn't believe that I had a 12v truck. They told me that it wasn't possible to have a 12v FG649. I just wish I had driven it over there coz I would have said, well boys that blows your books out the water.

After having 2 blokes running around find info, one of them told me the only way to do it is to put a 12v to 24v converter on the compressor to get it to work. Then the other bloke came in and said there are some coming from somewhere and the container lands on the 2nd of Feb next year. Until then there are none in the country that they know of. Now this I find hard to believe.

So, it looks like I will have to go down the 2nd hand path and see what happens.

Has anyone else ever found these sorts of difficulties with getting parts or even information for these beasts... I thought they would be as common as mud, hell every business in Oz has a damn Canter. Surely they are not that different between models.

Any suggestions blokes???

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Cooldrive told me they had one on the shelf, so went all the way out to Eagle Farm only to find out that the one they had was for a 24v truck and they wouldn't believe that I had a 12v truck. They told me that it wasn't possible to have a 12v FG649. I just wish I had driven it over there coz I would have said, well boys that blows your books out the water.

Any suggestions blokes???

Turtle.

I think they had better get some new books.

Secondhand should be common at wreckers and same as FE649. ......... If you still strike out, call me at work.

Regards John.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Turtle.

I think they had better get some new books.

Secondhand should be common at wreckers and same as FE649. ......... If you still strike out, call me at work.

Regards John.

Hi Turtle,

Sorry ... change that. Call ATW and ask for Brad ..... he said he should be able to help .... probably with new.

Kind regards
John

blackduck

Explorer
Soltoggio bros over here in the west always have a good range of spares and they will pack one up and freight it to you

http://www.soltoggiobros.com.au/

you should see this place its truck wrecker hard on
the warehouse is racks to the roof with engines, gearboxes etc everything you could need

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan