Air Lift

(none)

Adventurer
I just added it to my 5th gen 4runner, I've only read good things about it. I'm running unloaded right now, bags aired down to the min (5psi), can't even tell they are back there. I added them for towing, which I will be doing for the first real time next week. We will see how they do, but even messing with them in the driveway, just a few PSI and you can see them working.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
There are tons of trucks running them with lots of discussion in the domestic vehicle and camper sections of the forum, intended to stabilize your load when towing or weighing down your vehicle. If you are simply looking for a better ride and a bit more stability then just buy and install the OME suspension, it will benefit you on and off road, adding the Air Lift setup is merely a band aid for your tired suspension.

these work ok. bags are not fun to install.

they work best for heavily overloaded vehicles with unchanging (static) load, motorhomes etc. Common on Class C front springs.
Or vehicles that will be required to operate at or above maximum rated load capacities.

What jeepn' says is accurate.

in most cases, the airlift system is designed for weights beyond what our v6 engines are able to tow. if that makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998