air springs for 2002 frontier 4wd

FreeManDan

Adventurer
Would you be looking for something like this or air bags?
http://www.jcwhitney.com/gabriel-hijackersandreg-air-adjustable-shocks/p2006168.jcwx?filterid=d1680y2002j2#prodDetailTabPanel
I got this same brand for my 03 frontier from auto zone for 60 somethin after tax, they are great! The back end never sags, I keep it at 50psi even when empty and it seems to do better on the road, even off road because wheel hop is just about gone for good. I don't chirp the tires pulling of the parking lot at work cause my worn out factory shocks are now air shocks, keeping the tires on the road. But they do make for a rough ride if you air them up as much as you can (200 PSI but my bike pump only gets them to 120). I was even driving a little to fast at big bend ranch sate park with a large mass of gear tied down in the bed, I was just a little air born and the back end didn't even hit the bump stops, I guess it's because air is so progressive :costumed-smiley-007

PS the air hose it came with was loooong, I didn't have the courage to cut it so i just looped it around and zip tied it off, hasn't got hung up but I think it might make getting the spare down a little delicate. I drilled a hole in the bumper for the valve stem, people tell me it looks real professional but I just picked a random spot next to the license plate...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears