Aircon to air pressure

NTt

I have taken off the rear aircon from on top of the rear cabin ( was a bus) & now have a spare aircon compressor.

I was thinking of making this the air pump & connecting to a pressure tank, so I could use to fill the tyres & use an air gun etc.

Anyone have any experience with this?

NTt

NTt

Thanks for the info. Have read the links.

I'll let you know how it goes after I play with it.

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
I have taken off the rear aircon from on top of the rear cabin ( was a bus) & now have a spare aircon compressor.

I was thinking of making this the air pump & connecting to a pressure tank, so I could use to fill the tyres & use an air gun etc.

Anyone have any experience with this?

NTt

Hi Peter
We use trade tools 12v compressor which is designed to run small air tools. About the $300 to $400 range from memory. Makes quick work of pumping up tyres.

image.jpeg

Cheers steve

Spanna 53

Air cond compressor

Have used old school piston compressor Borg Warner York very successfully on my old 55 Cruiser even running a rattle gun for tyre change and blowing up BF 's .have tried rotary types but found it required oil in the system for lubricant. Have a spare under the bench if you're interested ,in Belmont fitted an ARB 24volt to my NPS

corrupt

Observer
You just need to put a grease nipple in the side.

http://www.endlessair.com.au/

We run theses on our 5 exploration drill rigs. Takes about 45 seconds to charge a 20 liter tank from 0-100psi. I give them 2 pumps or grease once a week when i do my rounds. They last several years Which would equal about 10 of our life times of general use.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears