All new 2010 4runner revealed...

BLKNBLU

Explorer
Before one gets too hung up on the "huge plastic" up front, we should consider the oppotunities for mods. Look at this progression for a Lexus from grocery getter to monster.

129_0407_01z+lexus_gx470+left_front_view.jpg

129_0407_04z+lexus_gx470+left_front_view_plastic.jpg

129_0407_02z+lexus_gx470+left_front_view.jpg

129_0503_01z+lexus_gx470+left_front_view.jpg

Wonderland

Explorer
Before one gets too hung up on the "huge plastic" up front, we should consider the oppotunities for mods. Look at this progression for a Lexus from grocery getter to monster.

Hey, I saw one in the flesh, or should I say plastic today.:sombrero:

It wasn't too bad, seems a little bigger too. Not sure ditching the V8 was a good thing, though.

Vermejo

Adventurer
Nice little overview/review HERE

I too will be interested to see how the aftermarket addresses the angles of the front bumper- the entire top line will be complicated to work with. Fabricating the rear bumper will be equally difficult. I’m anxious to see one naked, without the bumpers, to see how high and tucked the armor could go. The wheel wells and fenders look a bit tight for anything beyond a 33 inch tire; hopefully the fenders have some room for trimming. I’m curious if any parts are shared with the current Taco/FJ/4th Gen – to know if any of the current aftermarket support is compatible- i.e. suspension, control arms, axles, gears, etc. As soon as I can get a tape on one, most of my questions should be answered.

Overall, I’m happy with the redesign and apparent “out of the box” capability. This will most likely be the replacement for my current rig.

Willman

Toyota Owner mag has a great writeup on the new runner!

After looking at some of the shots here below and in the mag....Alot of body damage to the rig!!

If Scott Brady can take an Earthroamer Jeep over the Con and not have any damage....Toyota needs to fire the guy who drove the 4Runner and hire Scott!

note the trail damage in various pictures
001_4Runner_at_Rubicon-prv.jpg

010_4Runner_at_Rubicon-prv.jpg

009_4Runner_at_Rubicon-prv.jpg

006_4Runner_at_Rubicon-prv.jpg

005_4Runner_at_Rubicon-prv.jpg

008_4Runner_at_Rubicon-prv.jpg

:)

Last edited:

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
Toyota Owner mag has a great writeup on the new runner!

After looking at some of the shots here below and in the mag....Alot of body damage to the rig!!

If Scott Brady can take an Earthroamer Jeep over the Con and not have any damage....Toyota needs to fire the guy who drove the 4Runner and hire Scott!

:)

What damage?
There is a mudflap and piece of plastic trim popped off.
They drove thru clean and then drove all the way to AZ.

Desert Dan

Explorer
I agree.
Not to bad for a stock vehicle and with a Toyota engineer pushing hard.
It was a good thing they had the side skid rails though!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
What damage?
There is a mudflap and piece of plastic trim popped off.
They drove thru clean and then drove all the way to AZ.
I think if you actually look closer at the rig...in person... you'd see that there was aquite a bit of "trail rash" still cool for a near bone stock truck...

Cheers

Dave

gearguywb

Explorer
I checked out a red one when I was in Maine last week. Have to say I was fairly impresed. If you are looking for a vehicle to mod, that will get you to the trail head in comfort and then have good off road manners, I think you could do much worse.

I just wish they were not priced 5k over what a decked out 4 door JK cann be had for.

Navman

Adventurer
I just wish they were not priced 5k over what a decked out 4 door JK cann be had for.

I just wish the Trail edition wasn't priced 5k+ over what I paid for a new LR3. I gave my wife a hard time about buying 'her' LR3 that she would more than repay me if I wanted to get one of these.

:sombrero:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I was looking around the back of a new 4Runner today, and that back end is so soft. I think if you are loading up some groceries you will need stiffer coils. No chance of carrying camping gear and not being on the bump stops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179