All new Nissan Patrol for 2011

Peck

Observer
Man, I don't know what's up with all the hate. I'd drive one.

I'd throw on some 28" spinners, a super loud system, crazy dark tint, LEDs anywhere and everywhere, and some more vents for good measure.

Then I'd wash it with gasoline and dry it with a lighter.

haven

Expedition Leader
Here's a wild rumor -- the Nissan Patrol / Infiniti QX could be fitted with the 5.6L V8 turbo diesel that Cummins developed a couple of years ago. The Cummins V8 produces about 500 ft lbs of torque, and should be EPA rated at 22 or 23 mpg highway. This engine would be used in the Patrol worldwide because Nissan doesn't have a 4 to 5 liter diesel that's refined enough for use in a luxury SUV. The V8 diesel in the Toyota Land Cruiser 200 is a big seller.p

Nissan may be interested in the Cummins engine primarily for the NV2500 truck series and the Titan pickup. Once the emissions testing is done, the 5.6L diesel would be available for other vehicles in Nissan's lineup.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Don't know what engine it had in it as we were heading down the road but I saw one this weekend. What a tank! (not a compliment) It's huge and quite aerodynamic!

haven

Expedition Leader
With sales of the new Patrol scheduled to begin in Australia soon, I expect that the folks from ARB will produce bumpers, snorkel, mild lift kit and body protection for it soon. This will take away some of the "marshmallow mall cruiser" appearance, just as the ARB gear has for the Land Cruiser 200. Maybe the chrome vent in the Patrol's fender will mean you won't have to cut the fender to install a snorkel!

Here is forum member sbly's ARB-equipped 200:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=72626&d=1318012208

Lots of information about this truck's build on 'Mud
http://forum.ih8mud.com/200-series-cruisers/286685-ipor-built-200-a-12.html

jpvm

Explorer
well, there is already something from ARB ....

(The QX65 look is , sorry, butt ugly, at least the Patrol version has a more "corporate" grille and look ... thank god)

3tozu744ekcyj68yll3.jpg

jpvm

Explorer
oh yes man , I second you on that ... now its just a luxury powerful SUV , not a Patrol anymore.... :-(

haven

Expedition Leader
Nissan is changing the names of the all the Infiniti models. The QX56 becomes the QX80 for 2014.

Price for the QX80 awd with two speed transfer case remains unchanged at $64,500. That's a raging bargain when compared to Land Cruiser, MSRP $78,500. Range Rover is higher still, MSRP $83,545.

Now that the Range Rover Sport is built on the same chassis as Range Rover, it's also worth considering in this class. MSRP $63,495. However, the Range Rover Sport is 17 inches shorter than the QX80, so the Sport's third row of seating is best reserved for children under 7.

With an overall length of 208 inches, the QX80 is a large vehicle. It's longer by a few inches than Land Cruiser. It's not as long as the Chevy Suburban, which stretches to 222 inches overall. The advantage of the extra length is in cargo space. You can fit 50 cu ft of gear while carrying four or five adults.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle