AllPro bumper

erin

Explorer
Well I finally settled on a rear bumper, a wrap around from AllPro. Got it put on last weekend, and everything went on real smooth, fitting evenly everywhere. I now have three rear recovery points, three more than the factory offered me. I had it coated with the same material as the sliders. I guess now I just have to decide what kind of front to use. I like the AllPro front tube bumper style, but I don't like the way it is left open. so I will have to find out whether plates can be fitted or if I just need to pick something else. Here's a couple of pics for everyone.
:victory:
Ok, so I got the pics to load. bumper and sliders were put to good use this weekend after a short trip with Tacozona to Florence. We ran the upper woodpecker trail following a group of Toyota truggies to Highway to Hell. Bashed the sliders real hard a few times with zero damage. I was really impressed with my trucks new crawl ratio since the new gears. Actually had to gas it on 30 degree down slopes just to keep moving.:jumping:

Attachments

• bumper1.JPG
    bumper1.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 87
  • bumper2.JPG
    bumper2.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 87
  • bumper3.JPG
    bumper3.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
erin said:
I guess now I just have to decide what kind of front to use.

Nice... can't wait for the pics!

I have heard that you need to add to many plates to the AllPro tube bumper (Front). If you are leaning towards the tubular bumpers you Demello has some pretty darn good ones.

I am in love with this Bent-Up front bumper:
IMG_7305.JPG

IMG_7308.JPG

Scott Brady

Founder
Looks sweet! Glad to hear you are getting the truck out on the trails.

How did the twin tru-tracks do?

Are you still considering mounting the rack to the bed?

erin

Explorer
:coffee:
Thanks Scott, the Trutracs did better than I thought in the rocks, I never really felt I lost traction at all. Not sure if I ever had two opposite tires in the air at once though. I'll have to wait and see if any pics from Tacozona came out. Even loose, steep climbs were no problem or putting one front up on a rock with the other in the sand, so they performed real well. I'm am still going to use the rack, still trying to decide what mount system and height i'm going to use. Not to worry though, it'll be ready for the rally.

dude

Observer
whats up, i'm new here.

love the bumper. i've also been wondering which one to get. i'll probably go allpro.......i dented and "adjusted" my stock bumper. so, it's about time to get it.

erin

Explorer
If your tow package mounts inside the frame rails, you probably could, but you would have to cut off the receiver that AllPro mounts on the bumper. That reciever that comes with the bumper is only for recovery, not tow rated just so you know.

Scott Brady

Founder
Thanks for the feedback on the tru-tracks Erin. I expected they would perform great. I think the tru-tracks are a good option to a selectable locker.

You will also find that they respond very well to preloading, which is done by slowly depressing the brake pedal when the tires start to slip. That (helps to) equalizes the preload on the gears. I have been able to make these diffs behave almost like a locker with that technique.

erin

Explorer
:ylsmoke:
You're right about preloading them Scott, it's just alittle difficult to do with the manual tranny. Definitely keeps my feet busy. Although I didn't really feel them lose traction much at all, I was really impressed. They performed much better then I anticipated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears