allpro rear leafs vs. OME DAKAR

upcountry

Explorer
I have a set of APEX springs on my 07 DC Tacoma. The ride is great even when empty. My only complaints are weak powder coat and no ebrake cable bracket mount.

Firm yet supple. How it should be.

YotaPilot

Adventurer
I have a set of APEX springs on my 07 DC Tacoma. The ride is great even when empty. My only complaints are weak powder coat and no ebrake cable bracket mount.

Firm yet supple. How it should be.

What is the most you have loaded in your bed? How much droop? How was the ride? How did it ride fully loaded offroad?
Thanks

upcountry

Explorer
Probably 500-700#s. Don't usually weigh load but with a family of four it adds up quick especially that beasty ARB cooler loaded with beverages for all ages!

The ride is great although I have not seen heavy trail use.

It does not even flinch with around 300#s. Some sag fully loaded but not bad.

Asm member BAT....
he has had them longer and may jave had more heavy trail use....

bkrdave36

Resurrecting a long dead thread ...
I have an 06 Tacoma Doublecab Prerunner with a 3 inch lift and Bilstein 5125's. I got my "recall" shocks and they seem muuuch softer than the original stock ones (and that's with the Icon Add a Leaf on the recall leafs!). Now that I'm running fulltime a bedrack and RTT with a steel rear bumper and swing out tire carrier (and camp gear and coolers on weekends) the factory leafs are not cutting it. I am in the dillemna of OME Dakars or All Pro or Deaver quandery. Mostly a daily driver truck, but on weekends I hit the forest roads and or desert trails that don't require any rock crawling or serious 4wd action (I'm only 2wd). I also at least once a year make a nearly cross country run to all over Texas from Arizona.
Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12