Allwine JK Build Thread

kenallwine

Adventurer
Still working on storage. I just ordered the MPAC tail gate rack with the STAT bags from springtail solutions!

JK%20Combo%2050.JPG

Here is a video on the stat bags:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U2MwPf-GcY

I like this solution for quick access.

JeepinJon

Observer
Those bags come in handy. I have a few in my JK since he used my JK for mocking up the products. The one for the center console comes in very handy too.

kenallwine

Adventurer
Thanks Overland! I'll let you know.

JeepinJon: I have the center console too! Well almost. They had a shipping mix up and I got the console piece for an FJ. The right one is already on its way.

Petro

Adventurer
Last edited:

kenallwine

Adventurer
Finally made a bit of progress here on the JK! I got the Gobi rack installed, the sPod Source box installed and mounted the ARB compressor with the brake booster mounting plate:

DSC08539.jpg

DSC08538.jpg

DSC08546.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

Mounting Bracket for ARB Compressor:
IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

Now I need to start getting stuff wired! The Hella lights I just put on the rack yesterday are just sitting there...

kenallwine

Adventurer
Made a bit more progress yesterday on the JK. I am currently working on the 10lb propane tank mount. This will be going on the Gobi Rack. I still have to build the upper part that will be hinged with two tension clamps. Here are some junky photos from my phone.

1e89450d.jpg

99c00361.jpg

kenallwine

Adventurer
I just finished my LP tank mount for the roof rack

Here is what I did for my 10lb tank. For padding and to make the fit a little tighter, I used some low compression foam tape

DSC08765.jpg

DSC08766.jpg

DSC08767.jpg

DSC08768.jpg

DSC08769.jpg

DSC08770.jpg

DSC08771.jpg

DSC08772.jpg

mmccurdy

Adventurer
Ken,

The build is looking great -- that has to be one of the beefiest propane tank mounts I've seen, and the other thread w/ the drawer and fridge cage looks great as well. Definitely liking the setup.... when do you head out west so we can put it to good use? :ylsmoke:

kenallwine

Adventurer
Ken,

The build is looking great -- that has to be one of the beefiest propane tank mounts I've seen, and the other thread w/ the drawer and fridge cage looks great as well. Definitely liking the setup.... when do you head out west so we can put it to good use? :ylsmoke:

Not soon enough! I'm dying to get out west at some point!!:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman