Ally 811 Folding Canoe FS

ginericLC

Adventurer
My dad lives in Sheridan, Wyoming and he wants to sell his folding canoe so I told him I'd post it up here. If interested shoot me a PM and I'll send you his info. They do travel a lot, well they will start again in January after my mom's knee is healed, so they might be able to drop it off somewhere close to you. Or it could easily be shipped Greyhound.

Ally Model 811

$2000 new price plus bag. Sell $1450 including bag plus shipping.
Weight is 44 lb.. A folding canoe that looks and responds like a real canoe.

Used 4 times. Selling because of wife's total knee replacements, she
can't get in. Excellent condition.

http://www.allycanoes.com/aboutally.htm

Slide show. http://www.allycanoes.com/allypictureslideshow.htm

Attachments

• foldincanoe (Small).JPG
    foldincanoe (Small).JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 314
  • untitled (Small).JPG
    untitled (Small).JPG
    44 KB · Views: 302
  • foldingcanoe2 (Small).JPG
    foldingcanoe2 (Small).JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

hakalugi

expoooooo?
looks cool. i've been researching the inflatable types.... do they have any pics of it in 'broken down' condition so we can get an idea of how it would pack/carry on our rides?

ginericLC

Adventurer
I sent him an email to get some photos of it folded up. I know it is small enough to fit in the trunk of an Avalon as they hauled it over for a visit once but we didn't get to use it. I haven't actually used this canoe, it was my brother's family in the photos, but I helped him set it up in the living room when it arrived. This isn't like an inflatable canoe at all. It is rigid like a wood, aluminum, or composite material canoe. It is tough. I guess I may have been easily impressed because 35 years ago we built a Folbot kayak and the vinyl that it was made out of made it always feel sort of squishy like an inflatable. He fell in love with them when they went to Alaska. They are very popular up there for hunters and fisherman that get flown in. It is a really high quality unit.

arktrekker

Adventurer
When I was in the market for a collapsible canoe I tested out most on the market and these boats really track well. If I hadn't ended up with a pioneer pro I would have bought an ally. My decision to go with the pioneer was based on the fact I was planning a few float hunts and wanted crazy capacity

ginericLC

Adventurer
From my dad:

I thought I would use ruler but doesn't show up well.
Is about 48X24x16 It was not packed tight last time
I think I had grandchildren helping. Of course you need
to add life jackets, we use self inflating ones, and paddles
which are not included in the deal as they are from
the other canoe. It has only been on lakes not
rapids. 4 x and probably 10 hours total in lake
time. Bag is same material as canoe and I have
a patch kit that has not been used.

It takes 20 minutes or so to set up, more or less depending upon how many grand kids help.

Attachments

• canoebag2.JPG
    canoebag2.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 166

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears