Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

CFD614

Anyone try mounting an Alucab shadow awning to a Rhino rack pioneer platform? I am wanting a alucab awning bad but not sure if it will work with my rack

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Anyone try mounting an Alucab shadow awning to a Rhino rack pioneer platform? I am wanting a alucab awning bad but not sure if it will work with my rack

We do have a mount for the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform, it is not something we heavily advertise as it must be drilled into the rack to strengthen that plastic rear corner of the rack. I have been running this setup on my Rhino Rack equipped JKU for about two years now with nothing bad to say.

rino

We just returned from visiting Alu-Cab HQ down in Cape Town, South Africa and I couldn't be more excited to show you guys some new products coming down the pipeline! :) Some teasers until this year's Overland Expo West!

WsLS4bg.jpg

Bab2x2Q.jpg

saOzf5r.jpg

justbecause

perpetually lost
If we're doing cough cough I want a roof conversion for something stateside. A montero, a trooper, a 100 series etc.

CFD614

Rin, Have you guys ever mounted an Alucab awning to a rhino rack pioneer platform? really want to get one but waiting to see if its possible to mount it up

rino

Rin, Have you guys ever mounted an Alucab awning to a rhino rack pioneer platform? really want to get one but waiting to see if its possible to mount it up

Yes we have a mount kit available, super stout but does require some drilling. Nothing serious but totally needed to reinforce that plastic corner on the Pioneer Platforms.

QScSlOj.jpg

vG2P1f3.jpg

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Rin,

Can you get some feedback from Alu-Cab in regards to real world issues with the wall kits for the Shadow Awn? I've set mine up once, so far, in my back yard to get familiar with it and it set up fine - no set up problems. But, that's not camping - it was calm and I wasn't staying in it so bugs, wind, & cold air weren't an issue - yet. In the camping I've done since installing the Shadow, have been 1 night and moving on to the next campsite, So setting up, taking down & putting away wall kit for a 1 night stay seemed unnecessary.

The main real world issue that I can see is no back wall or reasonable way to seal the vehicle side. Not only under the rig, but also where the awning attaches to the rig there's a gap allowing weather & bugs full access to occupants. From my previous experience in serious wind conditions (30+ mph), I can see it being near impossible to tie walls down to provide secure shelter. Was it Alu-Cab's intention for the wall kit to just provide privacy & sun protection? The screens on the windows are also a mystery...lol

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Last edited:

rino

Rin,

Can you get some feedback from Alu-Cab in regards to real world issues with the wall kits for the Shadow Awn? I've set mine up once, so far, in my back yard to get familiar with it and it set up fine - no set up problems. But, that's not camping - it was calm and I wasn't staying in it so bugs, wind, & cold air weren't an issue - yet. In the camping I've done since installing the Shadow, have been 1 night and moving on to the next campsite, So setting up, taking down & putting away wall kit for a 1 night stay seemed unnecessary.

The main real world issue that I can see is no back wall or reasonable way to seal the vehicle side. Not only under the rig, but also where the awning attaches to the rig there's a gap allowing weather & bugs full access to occupants. From my previous experience in serious wind conditions (30+ mph), I can see it being near impossible to tie walls down to provide secure shelter. Was it Alu-Cab's intention for the wall kit to just provide privacy & sun protection? The screens on the windows are also a mystery...lol

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

I personally only use the wall kit if it is raining heavily and I plan to spend more than one day in the same location.

Honesty I'm not aware of any 270* awning wall kit that has a back wall due to the endless configurations of vehicles and doors it would need openings for. The screening while maybe only keeping some bugs out is primarily to give the wall structure and strength, if it was a opening 4' x 3' the whole wall would loose its shape.

I will however forward this to Jeremy as he could use a good chop busting from time to time. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78