Alu-Cab Shadow awning on Frontrunner rack?

Echodawg

Wanderer
I was wondering if anyone here has or sells this awning as I need a measurement off the rear Alu-Cab mount for Frontrunner Slimline II racks? I am worried that the Alu-Cab rear mount bolts will interfere with the ability to pull out my under mount camp table. So my question is, how wide is the rear Alu-Cab mount so I can see if the two mounting bolts will be in the way of the table? Hopefully this makes some sense.

Echodawg

Wanderer
I believe that either AluCab or FrontRunner have a specific corner mount to allow the AluCab awning to securely bolt on to the FrontRunner rack.
They do, that's it in the first photo. I know it will work with the rack but it might interfere with the table mounted underneath.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I have this setup. When installed the rear Alucab bracket reaches 7 1/4 inch inward when measured from the outside of the rack profile.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Welcome. Ask and ye shall receive!

Here are some pics. I measured it carefully, and it's actually 7 3/16 from the outside edge. First I made a square mark from the inmost edge:

And then measured from the outside of the rack:
7 3/16.

As for the table, I have the largest FR table. It was mounted in the rear and there was plenty of clearance (my rack is 57 wide overall). I have since moved it up front, but I got the outside measurement of the rack brackets for you.
When measuring the outside of the brackets you get this:
About 33 3/16.

From that you should be able to layout your setup to see if it will all fit. You shouldn't mount the FR table "under" the Alucab bracket. The FR brackets need to sit flat on the bottom of the rack.

Hope that helps dude.

Echodawg

Wanderer
Wow, thank you soooo much for taking the time out to do this. It is much appreciated. The edge of my table to the edge of the rack is about 8 1/2 so looks like it will fit no problem. Now I suppose my wallet is about to get a lot lighter. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78