Aluminess Front Bumper Installed!!!

Recieved the Aluminess front bumper for my 2011 Tacoma yesteday and put it on today. It took me about three hours with some help from my dad and the use of my girlfriends garage. Most of that time seemed to be spent locating all the little plastic clips that held the original bumper cover on. I think it would take about an hour and a half to do another one now that I know were everything is.

Was looking at the ARB bumper but chose the Aluminess because it is only about 60lb and the ARB is about 140lb. After speaking to ARB and several other ARB dealers it sounded pretty clear that I would have to add springs to the front end of the truck if I was going to go with the ARB. I did not want to put more money into suspension at the moment so I went with Aluminess. Plus after researching Aluminess it was very clear they make a quality product. Just take a look at all the gear on those $100,000. Sportsmobiles

Dealing with Diane at Aluminess was a pleasure and the workmanship of this bumper is top notch. The bumper shipped to me on the date Diane said it would, the intallation instructions are easy to follow, it arrived with all the hardware I needed to install it, and the machining was perfect:smiley_drive:

Aluminess002.jpg

Bumper fresh out of shipping container and ready to install

Aluminess001.jpg

Truck with plastic bumper ready to come off:Wow1:

Aluminess004.jpg

Pile of plastic clips that held plastic bumper cover on

Having issues with slow Photobucket more shots to come soon

Aluminess005.jpg

Chessy bumper and plastic cover. Might sell or might just put in shed.

Aluminess003.jpg

Got bumper on but somehow forgot to take picture of truck naked, guess I was to busy cursing the plastic snaps

Aluminess007.jpg

Got bumper on and ready to roll

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Nice looking bumper mate. BUT, like I said in the other guy's thread... the placement of the winch cable exit is just plain scarry to me. I hoe you're going to run a Hawse style Fairlead cause the roller style looks like it'll get ripped off the first time you go up any kind of ledge. Plus it looks to me like with the Rollers you actually LOOSE approach angle. It is a goold looking unit though. I really like the Protection hoops on it. I don't think those angular plate bumpers look right W/O them.

Cheers

DAve

Nice looking bumper mate. BUT, like I said in the other guy's thread... the placement of the winch cable exit is just plain scarry to me. I hoe you're going to run a Hawse style Fairlead cause the roller style looks like it'll get ripped off the first time you go up any kind of ledge. Plus it looks to me like with the Rollers you actually LOOSE approach angle. It is a goold looking unit though. I really like the Protection hoops on it. I don't think those angular plate bumpers look right W/O them.

Cheers

DAve

Not putting a winch on it mate, cuz I have no PTO and electric is weak. If I get stuck I will dig my way out or use a come-a-long.
:victory:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
IMO, that winch location is ideal - right between the framerails for max strength from all angles.

Nice bumper.

expeditionist

Observer
Nice Bumper. I think a winch would compliment the front end nicely. A battery upgrade is all you need to remedy 'weak electrics' if you decide to do that.

Blackeye

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0008
x2 on Dave and Diane and all of the ALUMINESS Crew. They are top notch in so many ways.

That bumper really looks good. It compliments the lines of the truck really well.

Thanks for sharing. Nicely done.

x2 on Dave and Diane and all of the ALUMINESS Crew. They are top notch in so many ways.

That bumper really looks good. It compliments the lines of the truck really well.

Thanks for sharing. Nicely done.

Thanks and I think they are top notch aswell. Now I just need to figure out some lights. Don't think the ones off the stock bumper are going to work since they seem to be mounted into plastic without a good bracket

abeaudin1971

Adventurer
Very sweet - I have an ARB on a '10 Double Cab and I like the idea of lightweight - I'm assuming there was a bit of a price difference between the ARB and the Aluminess?

-a

Very sweet - I have an ARB on a '10 Double Cab and I like the idea of lightweight - I'm assuming there was a bit of a price difference between the ARB and the Aluminess?

-a

Aluminess had a group buy deal for 05+ Tacoma's so I got in on that. Think it was a few hundred off. My total with shipping was right under $1,200. Money well spent and do not need suspension work to re-level truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears