Ambo Gut Project: Need Something?

flightcancled

Explorer
As some of you may know, I will be gutting the box of an ambo this weekend. The owner has offered me the contents of the box in exchange for tearing it down to the frame.

In that spirit anything I don't need I am offering up for free as long as you pay shipping. This is ~3.5 hours away so if you'd like to chip in for my gas that would great greatly appreciated as well.

Pictures will go up tomorrow when I arrive. Anything you need just ask. If I can get it home and you pay to ship it it is yours. My only request is you follow up with a photo of the items installed or otherwise in use.

Any members who want something for their local volunteer organization is also welcome to ask for parts.

As I was getting ready this evening I realized I already have things from my build that need a new home.

An exterior area light.
ete4y9ev.jpg
ady7ybez.jpg

Two small red lights:

2ynebygu.jpg

4 sets of these seat belts
7enebe4u.jpg

Some misc: wall mount psi gauge without face plate, oxygen wall unit, aux medical 12v wall unit, 12v light, and radio antenna cable.
y3anuher.jpg

Please post here for now. Once the weekend is over we can PM to sort out shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
I found it, thanks. I've been up all night 'shopping' for everything from winch bumpers to LED lighting to replacement dash boards. I guess it's time for a short nap and then back at it.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I found it, thanks. I've been up all night 'shopping' for everything from winch bumpers to LED lighting to replacement dash boards. I guess it's time for a short nap and then back at it.

If you find anything "cool", make sure you post the link. :) Share the coolness. Hehe.

flightcancled

Explorer
Finally made it in spite of a mass air sensor malfunction. Hopefully I can clear that up before I head back.

It's a road rescue here are some shots. Including awesome ceiling lights.

bytebady.jpg

Box panel
yhygugut.jpg

An IV warmer....
u7atyzub.jpg

Cab panel (probably keeping!)
su5a7a7a.jpg

And a headache
pe2ejyqu.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
Dang, I want it all! :)

No, I won't be greedy, I'll wait until you see what you get and what everybody needs. Although, I am very interested in the ceiling lights, the box switch panels, and the relay/breaker panel especially if it can be removed intact. Electronics is a hobbie of mine, so pretty much anything electrical.

Alex, do you know what year it is, so I can see what kind of exterior lighting it has?

Last edited:

flightcancled

Explorer
bame5ana.jpg

2(?) hours later

Lights are Whelen 9e according to the stickers. The clears are good to go, but all red lights were painted over.... Not sure where to get lenses for these. Photos tomorrow from the exterior.
byjyzaga.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
Man, I wish I were there to help you tear that stuff out, but I'll help you out with your gas bill for sure. Since some of my stuff was removed (stolen) before I picked it up, I'm seeing all kinds of things I can use like that interior side door grab handle. I need some for the rear doors also.

If those are the Whelen 9E Halogen lights, I found a source for the lenses, but they're not cheap.

Since you're demolishing the walls and cabinets anyway, what's the chance of removing the rear box switch panels intact, along with the relay/breaker panel with the wiring between the two intact? If so, between that and the diagram I saw in your picture, it would be much easier to figure out what goes where.

flightcancled

Explorer
The panel is intact with a super sweet disconnect system from the now wiring. Ceiling lights and harnesses are down as well. Photos to come.

I'm trying on the panel. It's not really something that wants to move intact

cjken

Explorer
Wish I could be there!!!
Tearing it down should be a good learning experience.
When separating my box I was forced to cut a few wires blindly.

Enjoy.

flightcancled

Explorer
Patoz go buy a lotto ticket!

The entire system is built into a tub which unscrewed intact without having to mess with it (too much) I've spent the last hour and a half pulling as much of the wiring out intact for you. Hopefully it wont take too much longer. Basically it's an ambo in a box...

y4a2aju5.jpg

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I know these have already been mentioned, but....if anything changes on those switch panels, or ceiling lights, let me know. Swithces I could use to replace my box switches, which are pretty much unobtainium, and let me use them as backups for my cab swtiches.

Lights appear to be stand alone units, as in their covers are part of the light. My lights are mounted in the ceiling, but the covers are these long azz diffuser panels mountedd under them in slots and they rattle like hell driving down the road. Driving me (and my pups) nutters.

flightcancled

Explorer
There's 17 in here. They have a wired mounting system I'll explain later. I cut out a trmplate to help with mounting

So the house battery and power lines meet here
ru3yvude.jpg

A bit odd, but sorta cool.

Pouring rain here but I am nearly done. Crawling around right now before it turns into mud under the truck.

e2ana8ev.jpg

89s rule

Adventurer
Is this just the box you are pulling parts from or the entire vehicle? What engine etc does it have? I would still like to run dual alternators (I have a 7.3) Sitting back wishing I could be there to help out as well. If there are spare switches I could probably use some but looks like everything is rather intact, hate to break it all up if someone needs the panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998