An Axe - Seriously?

Judoka

Learning To Live
Ok! I did not see this reason on any of the previous posts, but I am sure as heHella lights not gonna read all of them to find out! In Arizona, the Tanto National Forest has deemed it necessary to cary an axe and a shovel in order to camp lawfully ! True Story! So I am looking fot an axe to carry. Besides it looks cool, like I am a real adventurer or maybe an experienced Zombie slayer.:wings:

Blain

Adventurer
I carry a Chopping and Splitting Axe in the X all the time. Both from Fiskars, and both very awesome! Mounted the one, to where it takes up hardly any room at all inside.
IMG_0693.jpg

WyoExplorer

Observer
Bling! Bling!

axe5.jpg

axe4.jpg

axe3j.jpg

axe2x.jpg

I made this camp axe earlier this year for a customer, he said it would probably be a "wall hanger" I know better...he'll use it on something. :) It's 300 layer damascus 1080/15N20 with Kingwood handle.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
That sir is a beautiful piece of steel. I'm also digging' the copper rivets on the sheath. Do you do knife blades? I'm looking for someone to craft a full tang seax style knife blade for my boy.

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
I don't really want to read through 160 posts about someones personal decision to mount an axe to a vehicle or not so I'll just give my opinion. A) If I had limited space, an axe would be one of my choices, especially here in the NE. B) I can't wait to see the pictures of the ExPo chain saws mounted to the ExPo roof racks. Come on, you know you're out there!:elkgrin:

craig333

Expedition Leader
Thanks x2, an excellent resource, even for this sde of the world. Thanks for posting it. I head straight to the tool section of a couple of local second hand dealers when I visit them, and axes, bow saws and other garden implements are amongst the first to get inspected. I'll look at axes a bit closer now. :D

Thats an awesome pdf. I stayed up late reading it. It confirmed I've done it "mostly" right. Just didn't go far enough. Never honed my axes after filing them. Never used an angle guide either. l'm hoping to transfer that to a piece of plastic.

I suddenly have the urge to go chop something :)

BEVAN

Adventurer
I have this one...Great for pounding tent stakes...along with the occasional zombie decapitation.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/SOG-Specialty-Knives-Tactical-Tomahawk/dp/B00438RI7S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303441420&sr=8-2"]http://www.amazon.com/SOG-Specialty-Knives-Tactical-Tomahawk/dp/B00438RI7S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303441420&sr=8-2[/ame]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle