AndrewH's Xterra Evolution.

andrewh

/dev/4wd
What size are the tires you have on it currently?

Love that colour. Almost bought one before I ended up with silver

33x 10.50s, comming from a hilux and land cruiser 2 in a former life overseas, i like the tall and skinny. Love the color too (obviously) sometimes i wish i would have gone with orange.... just to be unique as i see my granite every once in a while.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
33x 10.50s, comming from a hilux and land cruiser 2 in a former life overseas, i like the tall and skinny. Love the color too (obviously) sometimes i wish i would have gone with orange.... just to be unique as i see my granite every once in a while.

The 33 x 10.5 look great. 33 x 12.5 is too wide in my opinion but to each their own.

andrewh

/dev/4wd
Lotsa work this weekend, rebuilding the winch and addressing the rust on the tjm bumper and mounts. repainting the plastic grill and light housings flat black as well.

WP_001220.jpg

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Good lord, this thing is a beast. I was having issues with my RTT mounted on my rack, and I think the solution is spelled "SAS..."

andrewh

/dev/4wd
Spent some time this weekend prepping for the rear storage drawers comming in from Adventure trailers. Nice and quiet in here now.

WP_001225.jpg

Dmski

Adventurer
Great looking X! Looks amazing. keep the updates coming on the drawers. When you pulled the bumper, did you just cut the wires to the lights, or do you have quick disconnects?

andrewh

/dev/4wd
got around to adding things that i had sitting in the garage.

Rebuilt the winch, runs so much smoother now

Warn fairlead and thimble finally installed, bought these like 2 years ago... sigh....
WP_001260.jpg

New solenoid pack, much lighter than the previous ones but also have shorter cables that attach to the winch
WP_001259.jpg

andrewh

/dev/4wd
This weekend mods

K&n Apollo universal air box to plumb to the snorkel. Was missing a part from the kit a few months ago, showed up on my doorstep and i had completely forgotten about it. Picked up one of these
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BPUTQE/ref=oh_details_o00_s02_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
to get the MAF to work with it.

Currently I am using the stock airbox modified to work with a 2.5 inch opening, restrictive as hell but works. Normally i just take the 3 in stopper from the front most hole in the airbox out. Now hoping to have 3 inches all the way through *giggidy*

andrewh

/dev/4wd
Updating this thread on progress on the air intake. I tried every combination that our small engine bays allowed. That K&N apollo is junk, dont get it, pretend I never mentioned it. I put that thing on and you could hear the engine struggle. K&N dont post CFMs for their filters. But with a little math I calculated it to be about 270 ish. At max torque and HP, my super charger pulls in upwards of 500 CFM...

Ive tried River Raiders Airbox. Again, too few CFM... plus had to modify the crap out of it so it would even seal well. Finally had to frankenstein an airbox, used the housing from this http://www.spectreperformance.com/search/product.aspx?prod=9831 and modded it to work replacing the guts as well as sealing it up better. Pics to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle