ANNOUNCMENT: Expedition Portal Ham Radio Net

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
ANNOUNCEMENT: Expedition Portal Ham Radio Net

The Expedition Portal Ham Radio Net

Where: The Western Reflector IRLP Node #9251

When: The first Sunday of the month @ 19:00 MST (regardless of daylight savings time) or 02:00 AM UTM Monday if you wish to calculate your time from UTM

Net Script: The Net Control Operator will print and use the following:

(Open the node about 10 minutes early. Remember to pause for 3 seconds after keying up before speaking. Listen for traffic, then make the pre-net announcement. “This is (your call sign). The Expedition Portal Net will be starting in approx _______ minutes on the Western Reflector node 9251 )

CQ CQ CQ

The Expedition Portal Net is now open. This is (your call sign), net control for (date). My name is _________ and I am located in (City, State). This is a directed net, and all amateurs are invited to join the net. This net meets on the first Sunday of the month at 19:00 Mountain Standard Time regardless of Daylight savings, or Monday at 02:00 UTM on the Western Reflector node #9251. The Expedition Portal is a vehicle dependent expedition community; serving adventurers from North, Central and South America. We adhere to the Tread Lightly principles of responsible overland travel. Anyone wishing to become a forum member should view our web site at www.expeditionportal.com for information.

Tonight's topic will be: ______________________________________________

Stations with emergency traffic may break in at any time. Visitors may check in following roll call. Is there any emergency or priority traffic at this time?
(pause)
Are there any short time or mobile stations wishing to check in at this time?

_______________ _______________ _______________

Stand by for roll call. This is (call sign), net control for the Expedition Portal Forum net.
ROLL CALL (From the web sign up list – If you don’t know the persons name, check the call sign on QRZ.com)

Are there any missed or late member who need to check in? Please give me your call sign slowly.

Are there are any visitors wishing to check in to the net? Please give me your call sign slowly.

COMMENTS FROM CHECK-INS (Start at the top of the check in list)

Are there any other comments or questions before we close the net?
(If there are any comments, repeat the above until our allotted 60 minutes is up. If there is still time remaining, net users may rag chew until the hour is complete)

I’d like to thank the Western Reflector and all the local nodes for allowing us to meet this evening.

This is (call sign) closing the net at __________ PST. 73, and good evening to all.

(Close the reflector node)

Last edited:

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
WOW! It's official!

Many thanks to:

KI6GRW Andrew Walcker, KE7OLM BogusBlake, and KE7NKP 1leglance for getting the net started!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Mark you better slap your name up there as one of the folks who get credit for getting this started...I know you
bought a new radio just to join the net
found and editted that cool script
got us our first guest speaker
got us this net time
acted as our first net control who actually had control :)

Great work man and I will try to be on as much as I can...lots of times it will be a quick check in as this is either right as I start my shift 7p-7a or my lunch time 3p-3a.
Thanks for making this happen!

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
Good job Mark!

So is it the first Tuesday following the first Monday like elections? Or the actual first Tuesday?

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
BogusBlake said:
Good job Mark!

So is it the first Tuesday following the first Monday like elections? Or the actual first Tuesday?

Let's make it the first calender Tuesday of the month!

Wagontrain said:
So just to verify, the first ExPo ham net will be October 16? Yes.
WT

Yes indeed, the 16th of Oct, 2007 will be an Expo Net meeting! I'll take the Net control duty for that week, and I hope we'll get volunteers to rotate the duty so that we can all cover for each other as schedules permit.

Mark

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
hey now that we hae the gps numbers for the expo trophy we need to see if we can chk in from the trophy....
way cool!
thx again
mark

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
1leglance said:
hey now that we hae the gps numbers for the expo trophy we need to see if we can chk in from the trophy....
way cool!
thx again
mark

Now that would be cool!

::::

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
Desertdude said:
Now that would be cool!
especially if we're all in our trucks just 20' away from each other, communicating over 2M via some repeater miles & miles away... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998