Another F-ing trailer build.

dino2000

Observer
Planning a Baja Exped with the family next year. I have traveled Baja on my moto a bunch but the whole clan has never been farther south than Alfonsina's. The loose plan is down to LaPaz on the sea side and north on the Pacific side. As much off-road as possible.

Between BoxRocket and Zelix, I have the basic platform pretty well figured out. The truck has a shell so most of the gear and sleeping arrangement is taken care of there. The idea for the trailer is to carry the quad, fuel spare tires etc. The Outlander ATV trailer is almost right but I want to build me own!

Stoopid Question #1.
Is there anyone out there who makes a wheel adapter from the typical 3500lbs axle 5 on 4.5 wheel pattern to an 8 lug? Want to be able to use the same rubber on the whole rig.

#2 Where should i buy my axle? Have a local trailer shop but the guys in there are A--HOLES!

Hopefully buyng some steel this weekend.

The horse, now to build the cart!
249164933_2ajso-L.jpg

Thanks in advance, Dino

Sportsman Matt

Adventurer
Trailer shops are a dime a dozen, so I would check the yellow pages to see who else is around.

One thought would be to see if you could find a F250 2wd in a boneyard and steal the front wheel hubs (or whole front axle) of that, then have the axle made to fit the hubs. Then you could keep all the tires the same, as most manufacturers tend to use the same rims for both 2WD and 4WD, with some exceptions.

Sounds like a cool idea, let us know how it works out.

Runt

Adventurer
I bought my trailer wheel spacer/adapters at www.justdifferentials.com ....awesome service. Carl was the name of the fellow I delt woth. Jeremy was the other fellow. Both were great and can hook you up with almost any spacer to adapt diffrent wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan