Another MAN 8x8

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I did my own Dakar in 96. Well, kind of ;-) I was motorcycle traveling and happened to be in Dakar when the rally arrived for the start of the "Dakar-Dakar". Very impressive show! But saw Mr. Kroepfel on another trip two years later. I believe he wanted to do the Smugglers route more inland... Yes, you are right, there is currently only one "official" road from Morocco to Mauretania. That route has TONS of landmines!

Willem de Zeeuw

Fun! Nice to hear about your Morocco travels. So you are familiar with places like Zagora, Foum Zhuid and Gorge du Dade...?
You have any plans going again that direction?
It's a shame Lybia is so unstable at the moment... There are more guns now then in WW2!

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Yep, I have been to many places in northern and west africa. By motorcycle, backpack and car. I now life in Canada and really really miss traveling to africa!
I hope that my long term plan will come true one day... buying a 4x4 camper in Germany and then go traveling again :smiley_drive:

Lybia is a shame.... great people there!

Any travel plans on your side?

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Hi Lowell,
We have no living space inside....
Check the photo's @ http://www.aquadeck8x8rallyteam.nl (sorry, only in Dutch)

That makes more sense then. I was wondering why anyone would enter an overland camper into a rally like the Dresden to Breslau.

Can not tell you how much I wish I could be involved with a race team such as yours. It is something I have always dreamed of, but seem to have no ability to make a reality.

Very cool stuff!

Willem de Zeeuw

Hi Lowell,

yesterday I've made a picture of our 'onboard'workshop, which we are reorganizing and empty now.
MAN 8x8 laadvloer [1024x768].jpg

And on a typical Dutch rainy day like today I've made a small clip with a onboard cam driving experience.

You find it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-tX1PKAbw
It's just 5 minutes, quality is a little poor but you get the feeling... ;o)
Hope you enjoy it!

Have a nice day,

Willem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears