Another New Expedition Bike!

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
So where does this bike fit in for an "all around fat bike".... We have to many bikes as it is, so I'm going to need to find ONE fat bike that I can do a bunch of things on.

Mukuluk, Pugsley, Bucksaw or Blackborow So many choices in life :)

SalsaJJ

Salsa GM
The Blackborow is our 5" specific fat bike. If you are going to use a fat bike in areas where floatation is a must, this is your bike. Deep sand, deep snow, or deep muck. It will be great for bike packing and off road touring. 3 pack mounts on the forks for Anything Cages and a rear rack for the Alt Dropout.

Beargrease is your bike if you want light weight an speed. This is a super fast bike.

Mukluk is the balance of floatation and traction. Smaller Q factor and 170 rear hub. It will fit a 5" tire with 1x or a truncated cassette. Great all around fat bike. And the new Ti with the Bluto looks amazing!

I hope this helps.

So where does this bike fit in for an "all around fat bike".... We have to many bikes as it is, so I'm going to need to find ONE fat bike that I can do a bunch of things on.

Mukuluk, Pugsley, Bucksaw or Blackborow So many choices in life :)

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
The Blackborow is our 5" specific fat bike. If you are going to use a fat bike in areas where floatation is a must, this is your bike. Deep sand, deep snow, or deep muck. It will be great for bike packing and off road touring. 3 pack mounts on the forks for Anything Cages and a rear rack for the Alt Dropout. ....snip.
This is just what I wanted in my fatbike build. One bike year round touring, tundra, muskeg, snow, silt, tarmac, and gravel. bravo on the blackborow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior