Another OBA install...

LilKJ

Adventurer
Just getting this one finished up... here's another way to do it I suppose:ylsmoke:...
Finally got things working and installed so I thought I'd show another take on the onboard air...

We start with a tank... installed a (100psi on-120psi off) pressure switch and low-pressure sensor...
IMG_7431resize.jpg

Connected and plumbed the Thomas compressor...
IMG_7433resize.jpg

Then we had to address the crazy wiring :dizzy: I even got my "phone-an-engineer" scratching his head :lol:
IMG_7432resize.jpg

Starting to make some sense of the wiring... the gold piece you see is a dump solenoid that will be wired to my air springs in the rear so I can let air out from inside the cab.
IMG_7436resize.jpg

Wiring all finished. Gauge and quick-disconnect set up. All of the relays and mounted to a circuit board on the inside of the black casing.
IMG_7450resize.jpg

Switches got passed on up toward the front... needed to figure out something o do with my growing wire problem... switches shown are for: compressor power, air dump, and fridge power.
IMG_7446resize.jpg

So I started on a switch panel to mount on the ugly front of my cargo drawers.
IMG_7453resize.jpg

All tacked up...
IMG_7454resize.jpg

LilKJ

Adventurer
Not quite on the same level as the pros... but oh well :SOMBRERO:
IMG_7455resize.jpg

Smoothed out...
IMG_7456resize.jpg

Then I spent faaaaaaaar too much time trying to convince cheap drill bits to make holes :banghead:
IMG_7461resize.jpg

Switch panel as it sits just now... top left is a fuse box... top right is a 4ga in--->4x8ga out distribution block that will power the fuse box. It also leaves me some room for expansion. Voltmeter on right and lots of holes for switches and/or wire grommets...
IMG_7466resize.jpg

Where the finished product will sit...
IMG_7468resize.jpg

Yikes this is a lot of work :coffeedrink:

FlatlinesUp

Adventurer
the wiring is actually pretty easy: CUT THE RED WIRE

that always fixes it.

:sombrero:

looks great so far man.

Forum statistics

Threads