another SF Bay Area Montero MK2 checking in

Dirtmunch

UPDATED WITH PICS...WILL DO OUT IN THE WILD PICS WHEN SHE IS FINISHED. THIS AFTER ALL THE REPAIRS AND 2 LONG DAYS DETAILING!SHE IS MINTY AS F*!

Just picked up a 97 Montero LS with 117k for a crackish price that came with crackish price normal issues. Exterior and Interior are excellent! Hit the ground running with all the usual part changes:
Tires
Alternator
Battery
Timing belt
Cam shaft seal
And it runs awesome!!!
The only issue I have left is a heater that wont blow hot? While changing the timing belt I took a look at the coolant that was draining and it was dirty as hell. Im wondering if I take it in for a coolant flush will it unclog the core? I know summer is here, but if you go to SF our summers dip into the 50s sometimes.:Wow1: Anyways I'm done lurking and figured I'd introduce myself.

Future plans this year:
Bodylift
31's or 32's
Instrument panel led update
Roof basket with more lighting
200,000 more miles atleast (not this year)
SR flares

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Need pics!

You might hold off in that body lift. If you're just running 32's or les, you sure don't need it. I've got 33's on and haven't seen much need for a body lift yet.

Dirtmunch

I'll get some pics up soon, as for the tire size answer thanks:)I'm still debating lower offset wheels or spacers to go with the tire change

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
That's not what is considered a Gen 2.5 AKA Blister Fender Montero, that's a normal Gen 2 flat side. nice truck either way. Welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12