Another tire thread!

slvyj

Observer
Just been told I'm moving to Southern Germany due to my job and I will be taking my Jeep. I have a 2012 JKUR with 2.5 inch lift and AEV wheels. Looking at the requirements for registering my Jeep in Germany, my one problem will be my current tires, 295/75 Nitto's MT, extend beyond the fenders. Would 285's fit nicely within the fenders with AEV wheels? In Europe, it will be mostly if not all the time road driving with some snow. I was thinking the Cooper STT Maxx but is that too aggressive of a tire for Europe?

This will be my second time living in Germany, last time I panicked and sold my Jeep before I got there. I'm not making that mistake twice.

dlb1

I have a similar setup, JKUR AEV JK350 with Salta wheels (3.5" lift rather than 2.5") and run BFG KO2's 34x10.5's. I live in Minnesota and for years now preferred a taller narrower tire for the snow, rather than 12.5" width that are wildly popular. They fit nicely just within the fenders and believe they would fit your lift well. You may also consider the AEV mud flaps if you have the rear bumper, they "sorta" hide the view of the tire width from the rear. Highly recommend the BFG KO2 setup for the environment you've described.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
285 will be great too. I am running the 285s on my rig and they are still inside the fenders but just.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
How far beyond the fender are you?
Going from 295 to 285 just moves you half a centimeter inward.
I'm assuming you have 17" wheels? How about the ST-Maxx in a 255/80-17? Great tire, not too pricey, can handle German winters.

daveh

Adventurer
I have a similar setup, JKUR AEV JK350 with Salta wheels (3.5" lift rather than 2.5") and run BFG KO2's 34x10.5's. I live in Minnesota and for years now preferred a taller narrower tire for the snow, rather than 12.5" width that are wildly popular. They fit nicely just within the fenders and believe they would fit your lift well. You may also consider the AEV mud flaps if you have the rear bumper, they "sorta" hide the view of the tire width from the rear. Highly recommend the BFG KO2 setup for the environment you've described.

Do you have some pics of this setup? Really curious to see these tires on an AEV build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slvyj

Observer
How far beyond the fender are you?
Going from 295 to 285 just moves you half a centimeter inward.
I'm assuming you have 17" wheels? How about the ST-Maxx in a 255/80-17? Great tire, not too pricey, can handle German winters.

Less then an inch. Doing the online caculators, 285 is narrow by about an inch. I am actually looking at the ST-Maxx in 255/80-17 for that would allow me to use my stock wheels which I still have and sell the AEV wheels with the Nitto's. Anyone interested in the AEV's with Nittos?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger