Another Vanbulance Build 1993 Quigley 4x4 7.3L Diesel.... All work, a little play!

Xgongiveittoya

Hey everyone,

Im totally new to the van club, until about a month ago, I never would have thought of myself as a van owner, but in my line of work (Aquarium maintenance) a van comes in super handy. My current vehicle is a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd thats lifted on 35's... so its safe to say I dont always go with the most economical choices in cars for work, but since I drive a decent amount (400 miles a week) I put a high priority on actually liking my transport vehicle.

The plan here is to incorporate some camping/expedition abilities with making sure that it is well suited for my day-to-day work life. I plan to have more solar (has one 100w panel already), a sink, a bed that is able to be created or folded from other components, ample storage for my usual work gear (pumps, hoses, 100g water tank, cleaning supplies, tools, ect) that will double as storage for any camping gear I need. For the exterior, I plan to get a color change to gunmetal grey, or something similar, and I hope to add a bumper guard, roof rack, and ladders on one or both sides. I also want a pull out canopy, and most importantly I want it to look nice and clean! Needless to say, I have a LONG way to go!

Welcome to my build and I look forward to hearing all of your suggestions and advice.

00b0b_4NZpszE0GX6_1200x900.jpg01111_j2Z2paDLvTe_1200x900.jpg00z0z_96XUGr1kgkX_1200x900.jpg00E0E_8ofDxaoz2e2_1200x900.jpg00A0A_4ClXDTi10rj_600x450.jpg00L0L_bdUmRMDeZYM_1200x900.jpg00V0V_aipuXxaRX1z_1200x900.jpg00G0G_eBzHCCAUp2F_1200x900.jpg00404_2lq4QYQbJ8u_1200x900.jpg

kcernest

Observer
Hey, that's my (old) van! Glad to see you are back on board with keeping it and doing a build. I'll be following in case anything pops up I might have knowledge on.

Xgongiveittoya

I am the new (almost) owner! I am heading up to PA to pick it up as I live in South Florida.

It's really cool to meet you, kcernest. How long did you have it, and what made you want to get rid of it? Any info would be helpful!

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Not IN the van, but I mainly work with tropical saltwater aquariums

I got that.

But you know you gotta do it. Just because.

80 or 100 gallon should do it. Plus you can always claim "it's part of the on-board water supply". :)

kcernest

Observer
I am the new (almost) owner! I am heading up to PA to pick it up as I live in South Florida.

It's really cool to meet you, kcernest. How long did you have it, and what made you want to get rid of it? Any info would be helpful!

Oh, okay so you bought it from Greg then, I sold it to him about two months ago. Hope you got a good deal, I know I gave it to him for a steal so I don't blame him at all for flipping it.

I owned it for four years, it was a full ambulance when I got it, I took everything out, built it into a camper, took all that out and did every other thing to it that is done. I hope he stressed the maintenance is way up to date on it. Coolant filter, glow plugs, glow plug relay, vacuum pump, water pump etc. etc., all you need to do is have fun with it!

I sold it to buy a 7.3 Powerstroke short bus that will be getting a 6" UJOR build in the spring. You're going to love that van though, it runs and drives awesome. If you'd like a full list of what maintenance items I took care of and when just shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up.

If you have questions about anything on the vehicle don't hesitate to ask me either, I'll be glad to help where I can.

Xgongiveittoya

I got that.

But you know you gotta do it. Just because.

80 or 100 gallon should do it. Plus you can always claim "it's part of the on-board water supply". :)

I will get right on that. Lets see if I can put a couple sharks in there while Im at it... you know, for security.

Xgongiveittoya

Oh, okay so you bought it from Greg then, I sold it to him about two months ago. Hope you got a good deal, I know I gave it to him for a steal so I don't blame him at all for flipping it.

I owned it for four years, it was a full ambulance when I got it, I took everything out, built it into a camper, took all that out and did every other thing to it that is done. I hope he stressed the maintenance is way up to date on it. Coolant filter, glow plugs, glow plug relay, vacuum pump, water pump etc. etc., all you need to do is have fun with it!

I sold it to buy a 7.3 Powerstroke short bus that will be getting a 6" UJOR build in the spring. You're going to love that van though, it runs and drives awesome. If you'd like a full list of what maintenance items I took care of and when just shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up.

If you have questions about anything on the vehicle don't hesitate to ask me either, I'll be glad to help where I can.

I bought it from a guy named David. Thank you so much for the offer! I am going to shoot you a message, because I would love to know the history on this beast! I just got home from PA last night, and it drove very well. I can tell you kept the maintenance up to par. I averaged about 11.5 mpg driving between 65-80. I quickly am learning that 70 is the sweet spot for gas mileage.
Do you have any pictures of how you had it set up as a camper? I would love to see some pictures from the past, it's like getting to open a time capsule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12