Any bird hunters?

J

JWP58

Very nice! That drawer is almost exactly what Im shooting for (I want one a little taller, or deeper. However you want to describe it. And I don't want to spring for the ball bearing slides, way too pricey lol).

The only thing that bugs me about NV is that you have to fax them your DL, SS card, and hunter safety card. THEN you have to wait for them to make a profile for you so you can buy a license. According to the game and fish site you can only buy a license in three towns, Vegas, Reno, and Henderson. That's just weird to me. Now after complaining about all of that, i'll probably fax them my stuff because I want to hunt NV this year lol.

gsbbear

Observer
Awesome pictures!! That truly is a rolling dog kennel! LOL. If we do cross paths I'll be in a Power Wagon on 40" tires and a snorkel. You kinda can't miss it.

The area north and east of Winnemucca is good. There is a ton of space and public land. But it is vast as well. A bit tougher then other to "pocket" locate birds. Certainly worth the time though.

Some of my children...

2-26-14(1).jpg

************, Sophie, Grizz on point.jpg

P3170709.jpg

outofrshell

Adventurer
Is that license requirement for Nev. something new or is that for a season license? When we bought our day tags we just went to a sporting goods store and bought something like an upland permit then so much per day. I am close enough to Mt. to make a hunt or two up there but they don't have a per day tag and $100.00 for a couple days is not worth it.
I know what you mean by the slides being expensive I was lucky on my cargo drawer I traded work to a cabinet builder/friend in Ca. for it. There is a neat way way to make full length guides that look like they would be easy and strong. I think I saw it on this site some where, they fastened 1" square tubing to one side and small bearings to the other side 1" apart. The only thing I see wrong is you would loose a little more width.
Fine looking friends there but then I'm a little biased. Dave

J

JWP58

That's what I was told by a woman from NV G&F. Maybe she was incorrect, I don't know. But I looked up on their site where you could buy licenses and there were only 3 towns listed too. Who knows.

And yes I've been seriously looking in to Montana. I think I have a place picked out, and depending how much time I spend Bow hunting for Elk in September, I might make a run up to MT the last week of Sept. But then again one of my main goals this year is Ptarmigan in CO....which might take priority in September.

gsbbear

Observer
No Joke, interested members on this site should all try to put together a "Ptarmigan Trip" to Alaska some time. Sort of a combination overland/bird hunting adventure. How fun would that be? Just an idea!

gsbbear

Observer
It might be time to plan a bird hunting get together for this coming season! All canine children included of course! LOL Any thoughts?

J

JWP58

Care to throw out any ideas on locations?

I'd be cool with meeting up, setting up a base camp, and heading out on our own for the day...whatever.

outofrshell

Adventurer
After 4:30PM this Friday 4/4/14 I have the rest of my life off (well if the wife lets me) I think a bird hunt get together would be great, November is a good month for bird hunting almost any where, might be a little chilly camping out but maybe I'll have either the Trooper where it will pull the camper or a lighter trailer. This may sound a little biased but there are a lot chukars in the Bighorn Basin and a lot of public land to roam and camp in. But trying another out of state bird hunt sounds more intriguing. Dave

J

JWP58

That's pretty awesome, congratulations on your retirement!

Hope some of those masked marauders make it through the winter and summer.

gsbbear

Observer
Ditto's on the retirement fanfare. What a feeling that must be.

I might suggest picking a place that is somewhat central to all involved. I have no problem with the Bighorn Basin. I've not spent much time there except for fishing around Cody which is one of my favorite areas in the world. Sounds good to me. I always like going to new places. What do others think? If it's too cold you can always route your engine exhaust into your tent! LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger