Any Bundutec Bunduvry owners out there?

dirtnadvil

We are up sizing from an Outfitter Apex8 that we have loved for several years and I am considering the Buduvry. I dont know much about the campers or that model in particular but everything Ive read is positive as far as the company goes which is always a good sign. Anyways, if someone out there has a Bundutec I would love to pick your brain.....JT

TonyCatmandu

We have one. Purchased used in January 2021. Previous owner acquired in March 2020. If you look at the Bundutec insta it is the one that went on the older F250. Larger water tank, standard windows, 3000 watt inverter from factory, air conditioner. Propane hot water heater, furnace and stove. Electric fridge. Pretty much most of the standard features.

Pros - modern appearance with lite grey walls and caron fiber look cabinet doors. Functional layout for small camper. N/S bed with side storage. Cassette toilet. Full interior shower but with half walls, makes it feel larger. Fits within the bed of truck and is narrower at 7 feet wide. Ample interior storage for two of us.

Mods - Added Renogy combo DC to DC charger and MPPT charge controller. It had a 180 Watt Zamp solar panel and I added two Renogy 175 watt flexible panels for total of 530 watts. Added 206 amp hour SOK lithium battery. In order to make it fit I had to extend the step/storage box on the front wall about three inches.

Cons - it is ultimately a standard RV truck camper, made to traditional RV specs.

We like it and the only reason I would get rid of it is if we wanted to have something more 4-season. As you probably know, to go from any of the production campers to a full blown custom overland habitat the price goes up considerably. Then you get truck creep due to increased habitat weight and the snowball just keeps rolling.

Happy to discuss offline as well.

Cseverns

We have one. Purchased used in January 2021. Previous owner acquired in March 2020. If you look at the Bundutec insta it is the one that went on the older F250. Larger water tank, standard windows, 3000 watt inverter from factory, air conditioner. Propane hot water heater, furnace and stove. Electric fridge. Pretty much most of the standard features.

Pros - modern appearance with lite grey walls and caron fiber look cabinet doors. Functional layout for small camper. N/S bed with side storage. Cassette toilet. Full interior shower but with half walls, makes it feel larger. Fits within the bed of truck and is narrower at 7 feet wide. Ample interior storage for two of us.

Mods - Added Renogy combo DC to DC charger and MPPT charge controller. It had a 180 Watt Zamp solar panel and I added two Renogy 175 watt flexible panels for total of 530 watts. Added 206 amp hour SOK lithium battery. In order to make it fit I had to extend the step/storage box on the front wall about three inches.

Cons - it is ultimately a standard RV truck camper, made to traditional RV specs.

We like it and the only reason I would get rid of it is if we wanted to have something more 4-season. As you probably know, to go from any of the production campers to a full blown custom overland habitat the price goes up considerably. Then you get truck creep due to increased habitat weight and the snowball just keeps rolling.

Happy to discuss offline
We are up sizing from an Outfitter Apex8 that we have loved for several years and I am considering the Buduvry. I dont know much about the campers or that model in particular but everything Ive read is positive as far as the company goes which is always a good sign. Anyways, if someone out there has a Bundutec I would love to pick your brain.....JT
I’ve not owned either and can’t comment. Curious about the idea to switch to Bunduvry from Apex8? On paper they seem to be similar size.

dirtnadvil

I’ve not owned either and can’t comment. Curious about the idea to switch to Bunduvry from Apex8? On paper they seem to be similar size.
My wife and I have been doing popups for 30 years, were looking for more storage space and we are planning a trip this next year where we will be making and breaking camp most everyday for a week or so at a time for several months. The Outfitter has been great and if I had room I would keep it as it is perfect for rougher terain and windy roads.

dirtnadvil

Happy to discuss offline as well.
Thanks for replying back to my question, I will PM you my contact info

Cseverns

My wife and I have been doing popups for 30 years, were looking for more storage space and we are planning a trip this next year where we will be making and breaking camp most everyday for a week or so at a time for several months. The Outfitter has been great and if I had room I would keep it as it is perfect for rougher terain and windy roads.
Ahh yes that totally makes sense. The hard side does give more storage. Everything has its pros/cons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan