Any Chevy Tahoes?

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Plenty of Tahoes of assorted age here on the site, mine is a 2002 and is aging gracefully. Build thread in my sig - though most of the photos were destroyed by photobucket.

15 Mile Creek Crossing.jpg

rayra

Expedition Leader
First page in my 'Hey Vortec Guys' topic has a roster of most of the GMT800 Subs and Tahoes around there. There are 3 here that have a lot of good mods.

eta ...and there's one of them now ;)

03tahoe

As folks have mentioned there are few on the site, in including my 2003 Tahoe: Build Thread

IMHO Tahoe's don't have the reputation of a Land Cruiser but in may ways are just as good. They probably compare best to a Land Cruiser 100 Series. That's right I said that, oh boy. I would recommend them as a good way to get into the "overloading" thing with out spending too much to start and having plenty of space for gear and people.

XJLI

Adventurer
As folks have mentioned there are few on the site, in including my 2003 Tahoe: Build Thread

IMHO Tahoe's don't have the reputation of a Land Cruiser but in may ways are just as good. They probably compare best to a Land Cruiser 100 Series. That's right I said that, oh boy. I would recommend them as a good way to get into the "overloading" thing with out spending too much to start and having plenty of space for gear and people.

I agree. Chevys are the TLC/LC70 of the USA. In Australia or Africa or whatever, those toyotas are everywhere and parts are very accessible. Same here with the Chevys. Over there, they are WORK TRUCKS, not exotics like people on this forum make them out to be. They're used and abused and keep going forever. Same with the Chevys. Sure, they don't have the aftermarket of a Jeep but it isn't necessary. Most actual "overlanders" internationally are driving stock or mostly stock vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle