any idea worth of M116 lightweight 3/4 ton trailer

roberto

Adventurer
have an opportunity to buy a basically perfect M116 Humvee flatbed trailer, top half is aluminum, has surge brakes, dual park brakes, Humvee wheels, weighs 750 lbs empty, has the elevated axle for higher ground clearance. I have seen this identical trailer go for over $1000 on ebay for it is the lightweight model, any ideas???

Rob

NateK

750 empty seems heavy, but it is a mil trailer.
I'd say it depends on what you'll be towing it with...
Anything less than a 1/2 ton truck or the equivalent and you'll be pushing it when fully loaded for expo.
Sounds like a cool trailer though. ;)

shogun

Adventurer
Cant remember the number designations now, but make sure it is what you think it is. The M-101 3/4 ton came in several variants and is roughly the same size as the HMMWV trailer.

Also keep in mind that early HMMWV trailers had a safety defect/recall and were completely banned from use for a couple years while they devised a "fix". The forward frames were seperating during off-road travel. They came up with a fix kit and I would be certain of the years and whether this one has been made usable. There were a bunch dumped on the civ market for big $, (in the $5k range) but nobody would admit that they were unsafe after being duped into spending that much. I used to have a copy of that Interim Safety Messege.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I had one and they are big and quite heavy... I would take the 416 over the 116 any day of the week.. But they are nice and large enough to create a portable cabin one could sleep in...

roberto

Adventurer
yeah I have a CDN M101 camping rig already, this will just be another project for it was too nice to pass so I picked it up this A.M. built in 1995, aluminum top, run flat wranglers which will come off and sell. I plan on swapping hubs to match 4runner if possible, plan on running leafs under axle instead of over top as it is now, want to shave 6" off each fender to make narrower to the width of a new 4runner or something along that lines, right now flatbed portion is 7'wide x 8'long, has surge brakes. here r pics of it

R

Attachments

• DSC01281.JPG
    DSC01281.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC01284.JPG
    DSC01284.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC01282.JPG
    DSC01282.JPG
    220.6 KB · Views: 68

Forum statistics