Any interest in 4m50 egr block off plates?

boostin

Adventurer
So I am still going to build something but I guess I need to know what people like.

I was thinking a 1/8 thick sandwich plate you squeeze between the cross over pipe and the exhaust manifold

And/or 1/4 thick plates that cover each end of where the cross over pipe mounts

jhrodd

Adventurer
I would definitely be in for a pair of 1/4" plates !

So I am still going to build something but I guess I need to know what people like.

I was thinking a 1/8 thick sandwich plate you squeeze between the cross over pipe and the exhaust manifold

And/or 1/4 thick plates that cover each end of where the cross over pipe mounts

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I would definitely be in for a pair of 1/4" plates !

It's not a technically challenging mod. I think the biggest issue I had was getting all the bolts out that hold all the EGR apparatus in place. I was able to re-use the gasket on the intake-manifold side, but had to replace the exhaust-manifold (3 hole) gasket.

Also, the coolant inlet pipe for the EGR cooler will bolt directly to the motor making the coolant bypass pretty simple.

boostin

Adventurer
Just a heads up, I am making plates as we speak, a Set of 3/8 plates to replace each end of the cross over pipe and a 1/8 plate if you want to sandwich it in the manifold side and keep the cross over pipe for appearance that you still have emissions

Any one interested, please e mail me miketeierle@gmail.com, as I don't get on here much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears