Any pop-top truck campers with sitting room inside WHILE the top is down?

TGK

I had 2 different FWC Grandees (8ft bed) for a fair amount of years and both my wife and I could sit inside with the top down. Sometimes we'd stop for lunch in route and, if the weather outside was dicey, we'd hop inside for a quick bite. Of course, no cooking. However, I'm only 5'8" and the wife is shorter. So, if one is closer to 6ft and up, it

SpaceJamHikes

Check out the Moonlander Camper form Radica, might be what your looking for. Weighs nothing and very we'll built. I visited their factory in Denver, high quality unit.
If this had a pop top, it'd be perfect! I've been sketching and 3D modeling something very similar that has an inner shell that can raise 24" or so to provide standing room. Might get this as a starting point and build the actuators and inner wall later.

Montana’eer

Hallmark campers have room to sit at the dinette with the top down. When traveling we regularly stop and make/eat lunch without raising the top.

Same here. Did that all the time with our old Guanella. You could make the dinette into a bed and also sleep with the top down. In fact I used to travel with the dinette converted to the bed-It made hauling things easier, and often on a long road trip my wife and would just stop and sleep like that.

sn_85

Observer
The Supertramp Campers have a shaped roof and they seem taller inside with the top down. Not sure if that is true.

Yes there was a video that they made showing themselves sitting normally (I think the guy was like 6' tall) and they were able to fit under the closed roof comfortably.

czukie

Depends on your height and build out, with my buildout I could sit upright in my mid-rise topper, but was unable to in my vagabond build.

FlyGoat

You can in a OEV Camp X.. can also stealth camp with dinette converted to bed.. you can access the fridge and cook as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears