Any regrets from teardrop users?

Montego

We have really, really enjoyed our TearDrop. It's the happy fun-mobile! It enables us to easily go places that a larger vehicle just can't go. We've upgraded & improved several features. My only regret is insulation. I got talked out of insulation during the build, and sometimes I wish we had some. It is not much warmer than a tent would be, although the trailer is way better shelter against rain, hail & wind. Very cozy, & I mean that in a good way. We have a little My Buddy heater and no matter how cold outside, in about 5 minutes that cabin is plenty hot & we shut the heater off.

We added a solar panel & ARB fridge/freezer which is even better than we thought, and for so many reasons. Our longest trip so far was 7 weeks cross-country. And we've done several 2-3 weeks trips to Baja Mexico, plus countless shorter weekend trips. We've had our teardrop trailer since 2004. I can turn it around in a tight space, go up steep hills, take any fire road and many trails that are far more rugged. We can camp almost anywhere. Upkeep is negligible, and the trailer license plate is something like $20 every 5 years. Insurance is optional. No storage fees, it is small enough to stay in the back yard. It hardly changes my gas mileage. In fact, the best MPG I ever get is when I'm towing that little thing. Go figure.

I blogged the build & some trips at http://td.roughwheelers.com Definitely click the link for my old website too, there is still a lot more that I have not converted into the new website yet.
I can also highly recommend TnTTT.com a great web forum for Teardrops N Tiny Travel Trailers.

Baja td.roughwheelers.com IMG_7467.jpg Baja td.roughwheelers.com IMG_6452.jpg Baja td.roughwheelers.com IMG_5654.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears