Any shop making a Custom Snorkel?

robert

Expedition Leader
Hmm, I honestly never paid much attention to them when I was working in Australia or living in the PI but that makes sense. The ones in the PI were left hand drive though, not conversions like the JDM imports, if that helps. There are plenty of pictures of them on-line that should give you the lines and engine layout so maybe it's close enough like the Hilux Safari Snorkels on the 2nd gen Tacomas? The Chinese made versions are cheap enough on ebay/Amazon that you could probably buy one just to check the fit; I know the guys on Tacomaworld.com have been satisfied with the ones they've been buying. Good luck.

TeamDoty

Cpt. TeamDoty
If you're building your own and looking for something of a pre-filter, etc. instead of a normal snorkel intake check out Donaldson:

https://www.donaldson.com/en-us/engine/filters/products/air-intake/accessories/pre-cleaners/

I think some of their stuff can be found here and there on fleabay.

I'm interested in seeing what you come up with. I'm designing a snorkel for my Ram truck that will use a custom adapter to use the factory air box/filter. I could always use some inspiration/ideas... thanks!

chasespeed

Explorer
If you're wanting it out of stainless.....

Look for a shop in your area, that does "sanitary piping", then find a welder that'll be willing to take on the project. Will be stainless, smooth, and could even be polished.

Chase

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

rickc

Adventurer
ARB finally came out with a front bumper for the later Colorados; keep your fingers crossed and maybe a snorkel will be next.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998