Any WK Guys Running a Fridge?

ToyCarrier

Observer
Trying to get a visualization of how much space a fridge is going to take up in the already limited interior room we have in our WK's. I'm looking to build a slim drawer and mount a fridge above in the trunk.

Does anyone have a fridge setup in their WK they can share some photos of?

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I have thought about it...but I carry a medium size dog kennel for the dog....with that in I do not have room for a fridge...

jeepgc

Adventurer
Yeah, sorry toycarrier.

I'm with scootr, I have 2 daughters and a wife and would really struggle for space if we had a fridge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BAH

I'm sure it the JK owners can fit fridges into their limited space, it shouldn't be hard to get one in a WK. I would think there is more room (if your not carrying pets or kids, of course). Check out adventuretrailers.com, they have some pics of the JK's that have them installed.

Bob Freda

Adventurer
I have an ARB fridge in my WK, it does take up a lot of cargo space so I built a storage shelf above it. I also added a 2nd battery and charge system. Oh by the way, I have since moved the winch to permanent location image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Septu

Explorer
Trying to get a visualization of how much space a fridge is going to take up in the already limited interior room we have in our WK's. I'm looking to build a slim drawer and mount a fridge above in the trunk.

Does anyone have a fridge setup in their WK they can share some photos of?

Cut out a cardboard box to the dimensions of a fridge. That'll give you an idea as to what you're looking at in the space you have with what gear you pack. But there should be a ton of room back there for a fridge.

ToyCarrier

Observer
Thanks guys!

I know the fridge will fit, just trying to plan out the overall storage space as it is a bit limited.

I'm looking at doing a slide and an ARB fridge, The AT setup with the stove is drawing me in. Mainly, I've been trying to figure out what to do with the space below where we have that extra space. I am thinking of a hinged door so it can be accessed from the other side of the trunk.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Check out my build....and look at what I did to maximize the limited storage in the WK...you need to remove the backseats though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger