Any Xterra's go south?

roninjiro

Explorer
it is new but I don't plan on the trip until at least 5 years out anyhow. 2012 Nissan frontier Dual cab 4x4 base model (simple, effective, and great base for modifications I want)

roninjiro

Explorer
It is about 1/4 done I suppose. I installed an ARB front bumper, lifted the front end accordingly, installed a rubber bed mat, Rigid flood lights (in the mail) and installed a snorkel. I plan to have a flippac (with custom interior), 2 Aux fuse/distribution blocks, OBA, OBHWS, HAM, long range fuel tank, and full OME suspension.

roninjiro

Explorer
Around 700 miles I would think being it is double the capacity of the stock tank. But that tank is designed for the frontier or D40, so I could not tell you if that would fit the same generation xterra. That was another reason I sought after this particular truck; it is a worldwide platform where the xterra is not.

nasko

Adventurer
he actually has the Frontier, not the Titan. If you want to look at Xterra builds check out thenewx.org . Frontier/Navarra is a world platform and the Xterra shares a lot with it. Cheers

catshark

Around 700 miles I would think being it is double the capacity of the stock tank. But that tank is designed for the frontier or D40, so I could not tell you if that would fit the same generation xterra. That was another reason I sought after this particular truck; it is a worldwide platform where the xterra is not.

I've been intending to find a 2002-2004 Frontier to get some measurements to see if a larger fuel tank would fit. Otherwise I might look into getting one fabricated locally to fit where the spare tire currently lives.

catshark

You are in Canada? Get a patrol :D

There is a huge difference for any X that is older then 2005! I do look forward to your trip report when you do head out!

We actually don't have Patrols here in Canada either. We pretty much get the same junk available in the states unfortunately

mortonm

Expedition Leader
dang, I thought I heard that it was legal to have a patrol up there :(

They haven't been sold new here in a long time. However in Canada you can import any vehicle 15 years old or older

So anything 1998 and before you can import now. That is why there are lots running around up here

Most RHD from Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears