Anybody heard from Colorado Camper Vans?

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
Glad I found this thread. I've been beating down CCVs door trying to get them to quote me a van build (mainly because they are local).... Derek is kind of hit or miss with recontacting me and has yet to provide me a quote. I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Butch

mikracer

Adventurer
Glad I found this thread. I've been beating down CCVs door trying to get them to quote me a van build (mainly because they are local).... Derek is kind of hit or miss with recontacting me and has yet to provide me a quote. I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Butch

That's weird. I emailed him a couple weeks ago about getting a top installed and got a reply within a couple days. I replied with some other questions and he replied back the next day. I went to his site and emailed him via the webpage.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Yeah, a bit strange. When I was asking him questions months and months ago, he replied within a few days...but others on the forum at the same time had no such luck.
As a business owner myself, clients = business(ie livelihood). I think it's <screwy emoji> when businesses choose to ignore potential business, or existing business. Unfortunately there are a few vendors on here who do such. Thankfully there are other ones who are absolutely incredible and over the top with quick and helpful service (UJOR, cough cough).

18seeds

Explorer
Fwiw I had CCV do a pop top for me and had no issues a few years ago. I also left a few messages with one of the most reputable builders on this forum and never got a call back.

In the end it wasn't that hard to find somebody to take my money

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
I received a response from him last night. I'm on the fence at this point. Price for build is really fair... I'm just concerned now that I might be "getting what I pay for".

The CCV pop top looks legit! I will post up what we decide and the end results.

Cheers

Butch

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
From a very external point of view, the sporadic response time almost seems like it might be an issue with his junk e-mail or spam filter. I would use the phone if you're having response time issues.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
From a very external point of view, the sporadic response time almost seems like it might be an issue with his junk e-mail or spam filter. I would use the phone if you're having response time issues.

From another external view. I run a business and thTs no excuse. It's just as easy to check the junk folder as it is the inbox and should be standard procedure. Poor communication will lose me a customer faster than anything else I could do, even a bad job. A bad job can be handled, and the customer made satisfied in the end, but bad communication is fatal. Nothing kills a relationship faster than one party feeling like they don't matter.

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
From another external view. I run a business and thTs no excuse. It's just as easy to check the junk folder as it is the inbox and should be standard procedure. Poor communication will lose me a customer faster than anything else I could do, even a bad job. A bad job can be handled, and the customer made satisfied in the end, but bad communication is fatal. Nothing kills a relationship faster than one party feeling like they don't matter.

I couldn't agree more! Thanks for sharing!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I received a response from him last night. I'm on the fence at this point. Price for build is really fair... I'm just concerned now that I might be "getting what I pay for".

The CCV pop top looks legit! I will post up what we decide and the end results.

Cheers

Butch

While I haven't seen a CCV firsthand, I would recommend doing even more research. I can't remember if it was a CCV or poptop thread on here or on the SMB forum, but some pictures were posted of CCV work and it was scaaaaary. Could have been a one-time event I suppose, but still, it shouldn't have left the shop like that. Others are SMB(I've seen them firsthand, leaves a lot to be desired IMHO as far as fit/finish/quality of materials), and GT-RV(haven't seen in person).

Good luck in your search Butch.

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
Wanted to circle back and capture my experiences with CCV.

We live close by, so we toured the shop and talked with Derek, hoping to increase his responsiveness and show our seriousness, but received no luck.

After harassing him for a quote on a full van build, we received an email with a basic numbers breakdown on potential costs (not anything professional looking by any means). So I compiled all the details in a spreadsheet to make sure we were all on the same page and emailed it back to him with some additional questions (no problem, I'll do your work for you).

I received nothing back from him. I emailed him multiple other times after that asking if he was interested in doing this build and to this day have never received a response.

The good news is, all things happen for a reason. We found this beauty, already built that fulfilled more of our requirements and received incredible service with Phoenix Pop Up Campers.

Sorry CCV, you missed out on this sale.

IMG_5266.JPG

goneagain

Observer
Man, finding this thread is bittersweet. Im putting together an E van, and require a poptop. Was sold on CCV tops, they look like the best out there. I emailed him with a my needs and have yet to get a response. Also called numerous times. I found this thread and now have an understanding. Very disappointing indeed. If its this hard to give my money, cant imagine what it will be like to get product or warranty issues resolved.

is there anyone else out there worth looking into? wasnt impressed with SMB. Looks like 80's tech for todays dollar.

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Man, finding this thread is bittersweet. Im putting together an E van, and require a poptop. Was sold on CCV tops, they look like the best out there. I emailed him with a my needs and have yet to get a response. Also called numerous times. I found this thread and now have an understanding. Very disappointing indeed. If its this hard to give my money, cant imagine what it will be like to get product or warranty issues resolved.

is there anyone else out there worth looking into? wasnt impressed with SMB. Looks like 80's tech for todays dollar.

Ugh, sorry to hear you too.
Have you seen SMB's in person? Unfortunately it's as you say, and maybe more.
You might just be in luck--another highly regarded company is working on a pop top for the E-series. Can't wait for the design and execution!!

wanderweg

I have a van in their shop currently. I will have to say, they are the worst at communicating and that has been extremely disappointing. However, their pop-tops are the best out there for the price from what I've seen. I'll post a hands on review after I pick it up. 2014 Mercedes Sprinter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle