Anybody running 17x9 wheels?

I have 15x8 / 4"BS wheels with 33x12.50's, but am looking at some 17x9's with 33's. Anybody have pictures of a similar setup? My 15's are very close to the calipers, when I get them balanced, the weights get ripped off when I drive away.

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
I went to that combo for my 3/4 ton Suburban. 16" tire availability isn't what it used to be, made sense to go to 17's. I'm happy with them!

I really liked the way 16.5x8.75's with 33x16.5's looked and this setup pretty much nails that look except you can still buy new tires for it!

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I've got 17x9's but 35's, my other truck is 18x9's and 33's. Either way i'm not helpful but if you want i can post pics.

plh

Explorer
I had 17 x 7.5 Toyota (FJ Cruiser) steelies on my old '92. 265/75R17. They fit perfect / excellent on that truck.

<----- photo over there

no real help either...

Last edited:

2Dogs

I have 15x8 / 4"BS wheels with 33x12.50's, but am looking at some 17x9's with 33's. Anybody have pictures of a similar setup? My 15's are very close to the calipers, when I get them balanced, the weights get ripped off when I drive away.
Do you go offroad much? If so, do you air-down? You could miss the sidewall flex (better traction) of the 15x33 offroad but it will handle better on road. I still miss my 15" wheels - and grinding calipers for clearance was required. Please note I am not suggesting you do that without research.

Do you go offroad much? If so, do you air-down? You could miss the sidewall flex (better traction) of the 15x33 offroad but it will handle better on road. I still miss my 15" wheels - and grinding calipers for clearance was required. Please note I am not suggesting you do that without research.
I do more on-road driving than off-road lately because I use the vehicle for work. One of the reasons I want to go from mud terrain 15's to some AT tires on 17's. Any pics from you guys would be appreciated. I wanted some 17" fj cruiser steel wheels, but found some 17x9 (look like pro-comp) at the junkyard.

Running 17s with 33s, and I can't tell if the rougher ride is from the aggressive tread or the shorter sidewall, or a bit of both. I do miss the beefier look of a smaller wheel, so I may try to find some 16s when I have the money to replace the tires with them. Still on the fence, though. I do like the look of the larger wheel. Might paint em black :unsure:
I have a cellphone pic I'm trying to upload but for whatever reason, it keeps failing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger