Anybody running Fox 2.0 on tacoma?

Does anyone have any feedback on the Fox 2.0 coilovers and rear shocks for tacoma? I have a '14 DCSB and am interested in installing them with stock rear springs. Thinking the ability to rebuild is a plus instead of replacing 5100's when they wear out. Other option would be Toytec 5100 adjustable set up. I am looking to level and remove lean.

Tigglebitties

Adventurer
You won't level or reduce lean with shocks, though they will ride much better.
And replacing them with billies when they "wear out" is all backwards. 5100's are non rebuildable & if you find someone who knows what they're doing, they can valve them for you correctly the first time and ride better than anything you've felt.

The goal here is to build your rig stronger than you are stupid.

Tigglebitties

Adventurer
IMO, go with fox, icon or KING.
I've got king 2.5 with resi on all 4 corners & they're awesome.
But you can spend 500$ less & get icons, get them valved correctly for free when you buy them & even when you damage them, getting them rebuilt or parts replaced is dirt cheap
Plus with all of those, you can add the adjustable knob thing whenever you want. It just screws into the resi body.

The goal here is to build your rig stronger than you are stupid.

So the Fox 2.0 threaded body coilovers can't be used to adjust for lean due to driver and fuel tank being on same side of truck? Confused by your response! Preloading drivers side spring more than pass side I thought would make up for it instead of using a trim packer. I was also talking about the ability to rebuild the shocks 2-3 times during the life of the truck instead of replacing shocks every 60 to 80k.

Is anyone running these coilovers on their rig?

Montana Cruiser

Adventurer
I am also wondering about the ride quality of the Fox 2.0 Coilovers ...... and if the Kings or Icons are worth nearly twice the price. From my reading thus far, the Icons are digressive shocks, where as the Kings and Fox are progressive. I am shooting for a nice ride on the road and something smooth on fire roads.

troyboy162

Adventurer
Ive never been in a truck with digressive shocks, but I can see no reason any of those can't be valved to ride however you would want.

ebg18t

Adventurer
If you are referring to the IFP 2.0 series coil overs they are your basic entry level Fox shock. I would not expect the level of performance from the higher level factory series suspension.

I do run a set of Fox Factory level shocks with resi's and 8-way adjustment front & rear. I have had them rebuilt & re-valved a few times.

I have no issues running washboard at higher speeds or running woops at decent speeds. I have overheated lesser shocks and over the years the Fox's have been reliable. But I have no experience with the entry level Fox products.

It might be worth calling Fox to get their input on the differences in the product lineup.

After talking to the nice people at Headstrong Offroad they informed me that the Fox IFP 2.0 coilovers aren't adjustable in the normal manner of most other coilovers. The spring must be compressed before adjustment. This kind of detracts from their appeal esp for the price. Will prob just go with 5100's front and rear and new coils. Anyone have any suggestions between eibach or OME 884, 885? Am looking to level the front and retain stock rear leafs. '14 tacoma DCSB

ebg18t

Adventurer
After talking to the nice people at Headstrong Offroad they informed me that the Fox IFP 2.0 coilovers aren't adjustable in the normal manner of most other coilovers. The spring must be compressed before adjustment. This kind of detracts from their appeal esp for the price. Will prob just go with 5100's front and rear and new coils. Anyone have any suggestions between eibach or OME 884, 885? Am looking to level the front and retain stock rear leafs. '14 tacoma DCSB

To play devils advocate, how often do you plan on adjusting the height? Once you set them, very few adjust them.

That is definitely a good point but what are the pro's to buying the 2.0 if you can't easily adjust them. It's about the same amount of effort to adjust the bilstiens and they are cheaper even when factoring in new coils, although you get a more finite range of adjustment with the fox. I wonder if the Fox offer better damping or more cooling over the 5100?

MTaco

Adventurer
Are you opposed to running Sway-A-Way? I'm running their 2.0's and they adjust easily from 0-3" of lift. I leveled mine out recently because the drivers side was leaning pretty bad.

Eshocks.com price $783 with free shipping

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998