Anyone actually use a Pull Pal?

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I use the "Rhino" sized one all the time during my summer jobs. This kind of stuck is commenplace, 4 or 5 times a day usually. PullPal standard equipment, as are Maxtrax, as you can see in the pic. I still haven't purchased the "Full Sized" Pullpal yet , but it's coming at some point.

Adventurer
I guess I will have to get one.

HI Dirty,
I have one as noted above. I have a couple of thoughts for you. First, I think they are great and don't want to give the impression that I think you should not buy one. But they are difficult.

Next, they are large and heavy, about the same size and weight as a 48" Hi Lift jack. They are also an awkward shape. Mounting one is usually a challenge. Getting one securely tied down and mounted should take careful consideration. Do not think about using bungee cords. It really needs to be bolted down. Mine is mounted on my Garvin top rack using special mounting brackets I bought from Garvin. It is very secure but not easy to get to. Since I carry a collapsible ladder I can get to the center of my rack so my set up works OK. I wish it were easier.

I wonder how the folks who have them in this thread have their Pull Pal's mounted. I'll bet there are many good ideas.

Sparky

esh

Explorer
I built one out of 1" steel rod. It is about 4' tall and I have a couple arms coming off near the top at ~30*.. think of a cross, but the horizontals are pointed down. $8 in materials and some welding vs $400 or whatever pull pal is asking, pretty easy decision for me.

It also works well as a defensive weapon, as I've ground the tip into a spike. :Wow1:

Here is a similar version, better made- http://forum.ih8mud.com/winching-recovery/191394-instead-pullpal-follow-up.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior