anyone bedline the interior

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
That stuff has one of the most hideousness chemicals know to man in it. Jump in a hot vehicle parked in the sun and your exposed. The worst part is that you may be fine but some people have dramatic life long injury's from it. Steer clear. It's one of the really bad chemicals. http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxfaqs/tf.asp?id=629&tid=116

I get that you have to be careful when you apply it, but once it has cured I'm not sure that these issues persist. spray-on bedliner material is specified as the interior coating for plenty of government special use vehicles, used in race/performance vehicles, etc.

I also bedlined the interior of my 110 and couldn't be more pleased (compared to the carpet that was rotting out)

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I get that you have to be careful when you apply it, but once it has cured I'm not sure that these issues persist. spray-on bedliner material is specified as the interior coating for plenty of government special use vehicles, used in race/performance vehicles, etc.

I also bedlined the interior of my 110 and couldn't be more pleased (compared to the carpet that was rotting out)

And playground equipment... MSDS on the Reflex which is what I've had done on projects as of late doesn't show Methyl Isocyanates.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
This is one of the very first things I did to my truck. It has been the best modification since. Here is a write up I did on another forum. Few years old, but it works.

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/19666-herculiner-my-cab.html

ta9ypy5y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WT5speed

I have a 2012 Chevrolet Colorado.

This happened:
IMG_20130818_144357_802.jpg

I learned that the transfer case control module is underneath the driver's seat... and is not waterproof.

I have some bedliner (I think it's Duplicolor) but I'd like to have some sort of waterproof enclosure for the aforementioned module. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I have a 2012 Chevrolet Colorado.

This happened:
View attachment 207172

I learned that the transfer case control module is underneath the driver's seat... and is not waterproof.

I have some bedliner (I think it's Duplicolor) but I'd like to have some sort of waterproof enclosure for the aforementioned module. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

I like the food storage containers with the click-lock type closures (there are a bunch of different brands) with a separate seal. Very cheap and very secure - and available in pretty much any size you would ever need.

51DRFW%2BSSgL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Snapware-Rect...111?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1390307229&sr=1-111

01tundra

Explorer

Possibly relocate it? I relocated some of the control modules in my old Tundra. Also mounted the amplifier under the passenger seat on 1" stand-off spacers to keep it up off the floor board for that exact same reason.

Only thought on putting it in a sealed container is the heat generated by the electronics, may be negligible, not really sure over time though.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I vote for a relocation. I recently relocated my fuse box to higher ground for this reason exactly.

Maverick1701

Adventurer
I used herculiner on the interior of my old 96 F350 CC. for a strictly 4x4 vehicle it's a great mod. For a DD/4x4-er it's not the greatest. In the tx heat the liner would get tacky and would smell (like herculiner). Other than that it was AWESOME!

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I used herculiner on the interior of my old 96 F350 CC. for a strictly 4x4 vehicle it's a great mod. For a DD/4x4-er it's not the greatest. In the tx heat the liner would get tacky and would smell (like herculiner). Other than that it was AWESOME!

Never had this problem. Once mine cured I never had a smell and I have never had an issue with "tacky" effects. Just my experience though.

Maverick1701

Adventurer
Never had this problem. Once mine cured I never had a smell and I have never had an issue with "tacky" effects. Just my experience though.

I dont know what the issue was. I used it again on the hard top for my M35 and once it cured I had no issues...and it is always exposed to the elements. Maybe the closed vehicle combined with the harsh tx sun made the interior super extra toasty?

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I dont know what the issue was. I used it again on the hard top for my M35 and once it cured I had no issues...and it is always exposed to the elements. Maybe the closed vehicle combined with the harsh tx sun made the interior super extra toasty?

Well I have never experienced TX heat but I was stationed in Pensacola, FL and Jacksonville, FL

1morebike

Adventurer
well I'm going for it. i removed all the sound deadener today using dry ice, a hammer, and flathead screwdriver only took about four hours.IMG_0700.JPG

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Well good luck. Prep is key. If your using Herculiner just get some coarse sand paper and use that, then some acetone to clean everything before you start. I recommend letting it air out as much as possible.

truck mechanic

Adventurer
I did my Scout with it, But i drive it almost every day, so after the liner, I put down a heat sheild and then carpet makes for a nice quite comfy ride. I will be ding this same thing on my 97 f250 when I replace the carpet later this year.
Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman