Anyone doing an XJ highline Low COG build?

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Ok... I need a new XJ and I'm warming up to this concept. Does anyone have pics of some really good examples?:smiley_drive:

dcamco

My 2001 has reasonably low COG at 3" lift w/ 31's
DSC02163.jpg
(Sorry for the cell phone pic)

I was thinking about attempting to fit some 33's under a 2"BB on my 99. With some major trimming and proper bumpstops It should be good. Does anyone have any pictures of such a setup?

FlexdXJ

Adventurer
My 2001 has reasonably low COG at 3" lift w/ 31's
DSC02163.jpg
(Sorry for the cell phone pic)

I was thinking about attempting to fit some 33's under a 2"BB on my 99. With some major trimming and proper bumpstops It should be good. Does anyone have any pictures of such a setup?

Thats a nice looking Jeep. I can probably go with 33's but the rear would rub like crazy on a BB. I have copious amounts of trimming up front thanks to the PO.

I cleaned the front fenders up last week. Those are 31"tires

trim.jpg

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
But the thing with bump stops is you are limiting your articulation, so if you get in a weird spot where you need the flex but don't have it because of the bump stops then you might end up with a tire that is way up high in the air where it isn't getting traction and isn't doing you any good.

Sounds like a poor excuse for not building the right bumpstops for your rig but it sounded good!

inked33

Adventurer

jp magazine has an article in the latest issue where they put 33's on with a 2"bb using iclandic cutout fender flares. it came out looking great from the after pictures.

Here's a VERY detailed write-up on some Iceland Offroad flares on a WJ

http://www.nagca.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40790

Not as much trimming as I expected. I really wonder how a rig would look with these large flares and only 32" or 33" tires and a lower lift. Maybe a bit silly?

Definitely getting thier bumper though, that's for sure. Now I just need a lighweight, but strong, solution for a rear bumper that incorporates a tire carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger