Anyone have a source for a rock guard for the windshield? (FUSO FG 2007)

dtruzinski

Explorer
On my last trip, we took two rocks to the windshield. The second rock created a small star on the base of the windshield. Then the crack started. I tried to stop it with super glue and clear nail polish...every day I drive, the crack gets bigger. So I am replacing the windshield. I would like to find a source for a rock guard to avoid this issue in the future.

How have you solved this problem?

tnx
dave

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
On my last trip, we took two rocks to the windshield. The second rock created a small star on the base of the windshield. Then the crack started. I tried to stop it with super glue and clear nail polish...every day I drive, the crack gets bigger. So I am replacing the windshield. I would like to find a source for a rock guard to avoid this issue in the future.

How have you solved this problem?

tnx
dave
I just budget for a new windshield every 12-18 months or so. We took a big rock thrown off a truck a few trips back that punched all the way through and was only caught by the plastic laminate.

It showered the inside of the cab with glass, and made my wife and i very glad we were wearing sunglasses at the time.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
I'll be having one made by Aluminess, if anyone wants to get a ballpark price. I was going to do the same design that's commonly seen in Australian trucks.

Czechsix

Will do. Only issue to deal with is how are you going to attach it? I'm set up to attach to the A pillar guards, so I've got it easy, I'll just use their clamps to get it on and off.

Or if you have another design in mind, I could always let them use my cab as a template. I think there wasn't much change between the years.....

dtruzinski

Explorer
Will do. Only issue to deal with is how are you going to attach it? I'm set up to attach to the A pillar guards, so I've got it easy, I'll just use their clamps to get it on and off.

Or if you have another design in mind, I could always let them use my cab as a template. I think there wasn't much change between the years.....

Who built your A pillar guards...I might want to add those as well.

Czechsix

45 - Yep, that's the basic design.

dlh - I've thought about doing that clearplex, but the thing that concerns me is how it reacts to wear from the wipers. It's gotta be softer stuff than the glass...I'm thinking that it'll more than likely start to loose some transparency after getting wiper worn. For the side windows, I'm planning on getting that clearplex, just not so sure on the application for a windshield. The company says it works fine....but I'd sure like to talk to someone that's had it installed for a few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior