Anyone have a source for a rock guard for the windshield? (FUSO FG 2007)

dtruzinski

Explorer
Ok, I contacted roofrack.com.au and here is their reply

[h=3]Peter Fazzini <peter@roofrack.com.au>[/h]
3:21 PM (4 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to dave
cleardot.gif

Yes, I can manufacture and ship these parts to your door.

The cost of the units is $242 each plus allow for a bundle of 4 units $310 freight.

$1278 AUS is the total costing.

If you would like to proceed with this order, then simply provide me with all your delivery details and I will send you an invoice.

Payment can be made by direct debit or by credit card.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
Peter Fazzini
------------------

That's about $900 USD for 4 delivered to MT. Are there four of you who are willing to commit? If there are two people in one location we can change the ship to to that location. I am probably the hardest spot to get to.

You can call me directly or email directly at dave@truzinski.com (+1 303 319 6277) if you are interested

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Dang, Dave, that's quite a bit less expensive than I thought. I still have to get to Aluminess, but probably won't make it this week.

Actually, let me shoot them an email with some images - I'll bet they can come up with a quote. I don't know if I'd go for the roofrack.com.au units in the first place, since I wanted to attach the guard to the A-Pillar tubes to begin with.

I'll shoot the email to Aluminess tonight.

dtruzinski

Explorer
After revisiting the roofracks.com.au site and closely examining this stone guard, I have come to the conclusion that it is going to be too high. It's 12" (300mm) tall and I think that would be distracting. So I am currently inquiring at clearplex.com to see if they will make a custom fitting for my truck. I will post their answer.

By the way for those interested in the stone guards, they fit 2005+, can powder coat black, and attach on the A pillars with a center point. Take a look at the site and the pics will give you sufficient detail to help in the decision.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
I've taken them off mine as you say they distract the view to much when you are trying to place wheels in the right place. I've had them on trucks and find I still had just as many windscreen hits as a lot of rocks are lobbed into the air and come from up high.

Dan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior