Anyone have a Think Tank ~ Retrospective 5?

sross

Adventurer
I'd like to get one for my upcoming trip, but need to know just one more thing about it. Will I be able to fit my kindle in there with the D7000, two prime lenses (35mm and 85mm) a couple spare batteries and cards? I really like the way this bag looks and it gets good reviews...

TM

Steve

ywen

Explorer
Kind of a OT, have you traveled much with the Kindle? How durable is it? Could be a reasonable consideration of whether this bag will offer enough protection?

sross

Adventurer
I got my kindle (second generation) back in the summer of 09 and I've carried it all over the place. Ironically, after spending more than a year traveling all over Iraq and Kuwait it broke (kinda) on a recent flight from Budapest to Berlin when I dropped it. Its still usable but the very top of the screen doesn't work. All that means is it doesn't display the current battery charge, wireless status and the title of the book. I've been really impressed because I don't baby anything I own. It is by far the best $200 I've ever spent and is great when traveling. Especially nice, is when a cheap flight takes you to a destination where you've done no research you can download the lp for the place. Came in very handy in Budapest and Spain recently. The only thing I don't like is when you realize you have $1000 worth of "books" on it but nothing to show for it.

I ask if there is room for it in the bag, not because I want to protect the kindle but I don't want to have to stick it in my pocket. Mostly a comfort thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online