Anyone have experience with Hydrogen generators?

Landscapepro

I have a carberated 460 in my F350 and have been looking at a Hydrogen kit that will save gas. I know of one first hand account that says they can work and save on petrol. Anyone care to comment?

dustboy

Explorer
There's a Myth Busters episode on all this stuff. Booooogus!

Think about it, automakers spend billions of dollars on R & D trying to make the most fuel-efficient car. If any of this technology worked, don't you think it would be included on every new car?

bxresq

hydrogen generator

I have this bridge for sale that comes with a free hydrogen generator

myth (busted) - but seriously a lot of hype with little to no results

David_in_TX

Adventurer
This concept is impossible, it breaks the laws of physics and the law of conservation of energy. All of the "kits" that are sold use electrolysis. More energy is required to drive the electrolysis cell than can be extracted from the resulting hydrogen-oxygen mixture.

Cody1771

Explorer
You'll find them on isle 3

just next to the Vortex turbo air twisters

the magnetic fuel cluster breakeruppers

the water injection thingamebobs

air atomisers

and the snake oil

But thats just my personal view:)

watch that one... because for diesels water injection is a huge performance increaser

milo12

Adventurer
Hydrogen generators or HHO as some call them are all just scams and lies trying to take advantage of high gas prices.

Water injection is completely different. It has been used since WW2 in fighter aircraft and is still used today at the Reno Air races. It is also referred to as antidetonation injection. In a nutshell it allows you to push an engine to higher power and avoid detonation which leads to engine damage.

Here's a Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_injection_%28engines%29

Last edited:

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"watch that one... because for diesels water injection is a huge performance increaser "

fully aware of that.

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
Think about it, automakers spend billions of dollars on R & D trying to make the most fuel-efficient car. If any of this technology worked, don't you think it would be included on every new car?
Well, you see, it's like this. It's a secret conspiracy between the auto makers, the oil companies, and the government. The technology is being withheld and suppressed. They're also suppressing the existence of the 3000 mpg carburetor and the Binford 5000 quantum gravity shield.

-

Desolation

Adventurer
Well, you see, it's like this. It's a secret conspiracy between the auto makers, the oil companies, and the government. The technology is being withheld and suppressed. They're also suppressing the existence of the 3000 mpg carburetor and the Binford 5000 quantum gravity shield.

-

SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Landscapepro

Well there is a lot of misinformation on the web and I guess you guys haven't done the sifting through that I have. Hydrogen really does improve gas mileage and the kits are inexpensive and easy to install.

Mogwin

Tinfoil helmet, CHK! Chinstraps...ON!

So is this guy full of it then. http://www.hlineconversion.com/ Because as I rudimentarily understand it(not having seen mythbusters) something like Brown's gas law say that if you run a current through water with a reactive metal you get one of the Hydrogen molecules to detach, which you can then burn.
Cheers,
Edwin
Oh hi by the way love the site longtime listener firsttime caller.

66 fj45lv just got 3.9d for it planning stage full tear down
2002 2500 4x4 5.9d - For Sale!
2005 2500 4x4 4dr 6spd 5.9d
2000 KTM ADV 650

78Bronco

Explorer
Well there is a lot of misinformation on the web and I guess you guys haven't done the sifting through that I have. Hydrogen really does improve gas mileage and the kits are inexpensive and easy to install.

Where are you getting your hydrogen from?

I'm sure if it was that easy the big boys would be selling new cars with this technology. It's a scam. How about you try first then show us some tested 3rd party data.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"So is this guy full of it then. http://www.hlineconversion.com/"

I see no mention of him adding a coke bottle filling it with water and anode / cathode and adding the produced gas to the existing gas engine.

he makes significant changes to the vehicles...at $ 50,000 a pop

Hydrogen as fuel is good, in an engine designed to run on it as a fuel, ie purchased hydrogen - tanks etc etc.

You can search the web as much as you want, enjoy...

and when you find independant verification from a non hydrogen fuel cell vendor.

Feel free to post it up

think along the lines of EPA-DOT- Military- Practical mechanics- any source that can verified as independant and carries out verifiable testing.

ie here's an example - the tester has nothing financial to gain from the testing

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/1802932.html?page=1

We'll all be very happy with you if you can turn us from unbelievers to gasoline misers for $ 50

Me - its a bust untill proven otherwise

and I'll stay here in oman with fuel at $32 for 140 ltrs:Wow1:

Mogwin

I meant that as a question. Is that guy full of it?
What about Browns gas law, it works in theory doesn't it? so what happens in reality? I like the idea of getting better gas mileage, but not particularly keen on rolling with a highly pressurized flammable gas cylinder in the car whatever its safety record is.
Cheers
oh yeah chk these guys out..http://www.eagle-research.com/ they certainly seem to think highly of it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle