Anyone looking for 4.90 Hybrid LSD?

I have a 4.90 front and 4.90 Hybrid LSD rear 3rd that I was going to use going from 33's to 35's, but decided to stay with 33's. Anybody out there looking for this configuration? They were from a 2000 Sport Limited with a 3.5L / 9.5" rear.

LPHEndeavor

I have a 4.90 front and 4.90 Hybrid LSD rear 3rd that I was going to use going from 33's to 35's, but decided to stay with 33's. Anybody out there looking for this configuration? They were from a 2000 Sport Limited with a 3.5L / 9.5" rear.
Interested if they are still available.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...

Your engine would be really happy with 4.90's and 33's, just saying.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I still do a fair bit of highway driving for work, I think the rev's will be high with 4.90's at 75mph?

No, it'll be almost as good as stock on the road (you'd be just under the correct RPM at a given speed). As far as revs keep in mind it's a super short stroked engine and it's happiest above 3k RPM, that engine came in trucks with 30" tires and 4.90's stock as well. These trucks aren't road slugs, a lot of them came over geared to begin with and we all slap on huge tires anyway. Your truck was one of the most powerful SUV's of it's day by a decent margin coming in second only behind the Grand Cherokee v8. Be awesome and install the 4.90's.

B.N.Z.MTNS

Elevation 8,500’

Still available, or have you been talked into keeping them?
where are you located?

Still available, or have you been talked into keeping them?
where are you located?

Still available if you're looking. I have access to another 4.90 set that's not a hybrid LSD which I would probably use since I have a rear locker and favor that over LSD. I'm in Idaho Falls, I don't know of a cost effective way to ship these diffs, they're heavy.

B.N.Z.MTNS

Elevation 8,500’
I’ve got friends in Idaho Falls and they come back-and-forth to my area every couple months.
I’ve also got a locking rear, so I’m not sure if this is an ideal set up or not.
maybe I missed it, but how much are you looking to get out of this set?

I don't know the going rate for them, but I think $150 for the rear and $150 for the front is fair, maybe Toasty knows what's a decent price is for them. Do you need just the gears out of the front or the whole diff housing axle tube assembly?

B.N.Z.MTNS

Elevation 8,500’
I might be delivering a horse to a customer in Idaho in the next few weeks; and if that does happen... I might be able to talk my wife into letting me get these gears from you. Are they still available?
You mentioned having another non LSD gear set as well. Any chance you'd be willing to part with those instead of the LSD?
I know this is a long way for me to go for car parts, but I live about 5 hours from the nearest big city with a decent salvage yard, so going parts hunting is just not convenient. Im stuck buying stuff from other knowledgable guys that have what I need.

Let me know your thoughts.

I'm going to keep the open 4.90's since I'll probably be going from 33's to 35's in the spring. I seem to come across 4.90's fairly often though, so I can keep an eye out for you, a friend in Spokane picked up the LSD rear I had, so that one is gone.

B.N.Z.MTNS

Elevation 8,500’
Thanks for the update.

I may be heading out there a couple weeks, so if you happen to run across any before then, send me a message in I’d take them off your hands.

I’m probably not ready to do anything until spring, but until then I’m keeping my eyes peeled for any floating around for sale.

PaydayGabe

Morning members , I'm looking for the elusive hybrid Torsen style LSD also.
I have a Sport 3.5L/disc's and 9.5" 4.900 open rear. Primarily shopping local yards.
SO,, I need clarification once and for all.

Do I need axles as well as the 3rd member for this conversion?? Is my drive shaft compatible w/ a LSD pinion flange??
I'm hoping for a reasonably simple
drop in affair.
Key word, HOPING.
8f049037bce3c156eed5bfe33d59d83b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998