Anyone own a Campa expe trailer?

silversand

Observer
Hi everyone:

Does anyone here actually own a Campa expedition trailer (or an equivalent, built locally: US or Canada), in any configuration?

What are your thoughts on this unit?

Cheers,
Silver-

Bergger

Explorer
I looked at both the AT and the Campa and ended up going with the AT. I'll be honest, it was not an easy decision. I spoke with Chris, owner of Campa, at length and I am convinced that he makes a spectacular product! Most people shy away from Campa because they don't think you can get one for less than 20k. Not true. We could have had one for 14,500K not much more that a fully loaded AT Horizon. It was loaded with great features, many more than the Horizon. However we primarily decided against it because of the tent options. Campa makes a great rooftop tent but the actual raised tent (where the mattress is) is just not big enough. It only fits two people. The other people sleep in the portion of the tent that is staked into the ground. I simply wanted a roof top tent that could fit more people witout having to set up the lower portion. Howver if you are considering a trailer purchase definitely give Chris a call, really nice guy, and speak to him. He had nothing but good things to say about AT and spent alot of time explaining what he felt were the benefits of his trailer. Both are great products It just depends on what you want. As it turned out we just decided thatthe AT Chaser better fit what we wanted.

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
I've got a Campa trailer, and am very happy with it. My tent is actually quite large, a Howling Moon Tourer 2.4, which is about 8' x 8' and comfortably sleeps four. In addition to the raised platform, there's also the ground-level zip-in extension, which is about 11' x 8'.

2103096146_675f876e57_b.jpg

MaddBaggins

Explorer
I spent a day on the Kokpelli trail in Utah with Chris and Ann from Campa. Chris had his Jeep and trailer. Ann was driving a Tacoma with Campa conversion and towing a trailer.
I thought their trailers were very nice with particular attention to detail paid in the kitchen setup.
Chris is a very nice guy and has a nice product. You can't go wrong with a Campa or an AT.

Bergger

Explorer
As I mentioned in my post above I was really close to getting one. It is a great product and can be had for about the same price as a loaded Horizon, minus some of the options that I did not find necessary. At least when I was looking last fall/winter. For the type of camping/exploring I do it's the only other trailer I'd consider buying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998