Anyone remotely interested in a trade? My 80, your double cab taco?

Sempertoy

Explorer
I dont want to say my 80 is used and abused, but it is well used. List of mods is very long. Looking for 2002-2004 double cab taco (4x4)

If you are remotely interested, let me know. Located in San Antonio

Sempertoy

Explorer
Haha. Going back to a Taco? Why the change?

Well, we had our first baby in Nov. My intentions when I bought the LC were for a family wheeler, but now it is built past the point of a practical second vehicle. Also, I drive the LC maybe once or twice a month since I am a student now and poor lol.

Sempertoy

Explorer
do you have a build thread for it?

Not one that has been updated in the last 18 months or so. It's a 97 80 series, currently at 218K.
OME J lift
5.29's
Rear aussie locker
37''s
Rear dual swing out
Front tube from BIOR
yodateq custom boat side sliders
Creeper sleeper T-case/oil pan skid
Slee HD tie rod and drag link
Baja flat rack
New OEM rod ends
LED rock lights

etc etc etc etc. Lots of pm, needs rear main. All mods have less than 20k, most significantly fewer. gears are a year old, and have two trips to Utah on them.

cdrewferd

Observer
I think you're right. I have seen some guys put the LATCH type tie down in the back of the 3rd gen, probably stronger than stock if done right anyway.

I can appreciate your eye for safety and wanting to keep your kids safe, that's a very important thing.

AxleIke

Adventurer
I thought it was 01, for the LATCH?

My 99 gots no latch. I plan to retrofit in the next few months myself.

Arclight

SAR guy
I thought it was 01, for the LATCH?

My 99 gots no latch. I plan to retrofit in the next few months myself.

I just went through this on my T100, which does not have LATCH. What I learned, is that virtually all car seats work with a lap belt or LATCH. The one we just got for our baby (who is outgrowing the current detachable-base model) specifically says that you MUST use the seat belt even if LATCH is available once the child is of a certain weight. Some car makers only designed for an assumed 40lb carseat+child. I think they didn't anticipate that kids would be in the back in carseats so many years back when it first came out.

Please read this if you want some clarification on this - lots of other resources on-line too (i.e. the manuals for the Graco convertibles):

http://thecarseatlady.com/latch-weight-limits/

Arclight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger